Cast is off!! Whoohoo!

I finally got my cast off this week!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

It's amazing how much the muscles have atrophied. :eek: Pretty scary looking actually. It looks like about 6 weeks of PT for me to get the tendons healed and back in working order.

I've already started riding my mtn bike on the trainer, and walking about 2 miles a day (job helps me with that). I've graduated to a lace up ankle brace, so walking isn't too bad. I still can't put a whole lot of weight on the ball of my foot, but I can support all of my weight on my heel.

The doc said no trail riding for 6 more weeks. :blah: He didn't say anything about street riding though!! :p I'm switching my wheels out this weekend! If all goes well, I figure that I can start hitting the "easy" trails by September. I figure the benchmark is being able to stand on my toes. I'm not going to push it though. :naughty: The last 2 months have been tough not being able to ride and watching you guys have all the fun.

Take it easy and ride safe!!

- KeVin

That's awesome news......take their advice...do the PT and don't get too far ahead of your schedule.:prof:

Look forward to riding with you in a couple months.:ride:

Glad to hear you are coming along OK and FOLLOWING the doc's instructions. I had a cast on 2 times and cut them off myself. Once to work and the other to ride. Much brighter now...Naw!!! See ya soon. Take care.

AWESOME! Getting the cast off is a MAJOR step toward recovery. It is NOT the end of recovery though. You stick to the PT and Dr plans and you'll be back out riding with us in no time.

I finally got my cast off this week!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

It's amazing how much the muscles have atrophied. :eek: Pretty scary looking actually. It looks like about 6 weeks of PT for me to get the tendons healed and back in working order.

I've already started riding my mtn bike on the trainer, and walking about 2 miles a day (job helps me with that). I've graduated to a lace up ankle brace, so walking isn't too bad. I still can't put a whole lot of weight on the ball of my foot, but I can support all of my weight on my heel.

The doc said no trail riding for 6 more weeks. :blah: He didn't say anything about street riding though!! :p I'm switching my wheels out this weekend! If all goes well, I figure that I can start hitting the "easy" trails by September. I figure the benchmark is being able to stand on my toes. I'm not going to push it though. :naughty: The last 2 months have been tough not being able to ride and watching you guys have all the fun.

Take it easy and ride safe!!

- KeVin

At least this happened during the hottest part of the Summer, and not the nice cool winter :applause: Glad to hear you are healing up!!! :ride::thumbsup:

Follow my advice,and do it the I always have.....GO Riding tomorrow!!!!

Just kidding,take your time its too hot anyways:prof:

Guess that means Charlous Gap next weekend? only kidding. My bike is down getting a fresh top-end.

Broke my arm as a kid..maybe 12 and it was summer, Got my cask off and went swimming..great right ..dove in the pool with both arms out like a normal dive and...........hit the water and thought I had broken it again, it felt like when they set it.... no muscles and a weak bone.. take the time to heal..that was water not rattlesnakes,cacti,scorpions,rock,sand,stone motor oil etc.etc...ahahaha

AWESOME! Getting the cast off is a MAJOR step toward recovery. It is NOT the end of recovery though. You stick to the PT and Dr plans and you'll be back out riding with us in no time.

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement guys!!! Don't worry, I will take it easy. I'm pretty good at listening to my body, and knowing when to back off.

Each day get's a little better. Yesterday was the best day so far, as it relates to mobility. The pain wasn't too bad. Anyone know how long it will take for the swelling to go down? I only have one pair of shoes that I can wear comfortably. :foul:

I sat on the bike today and it felt good! :applause: I can balance the bike with the bum foot, no problem! :thumbsup: Street riding should be OK later this week.

I will be in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area in late Sep. for sure. We will be celebrating my wife's birthday. I already have the OK to bring the bike to go riding with you guys. I can't wait!!

Later...

- KeVin