Anyone have little cracks around there 06 water pump and crankshaft hole cap?

I just bought a brand new(left over) 2006 CRF450R and I noticed some very small cracks around the bottom curve of the water pump and the bottom curve of the cranckshaft hole cap. What gives? Anyone else see this on there bike? Still not even broke-in yet.

Also just below the water leakage check hole, looks like shottie work. Looks like left over metal from the die casting or something like that.

Anyone alse see this on there bikes? Prob not just 06 I'm sure.

Yes I have the same marks on mine. I don't believe they are cracks though...it just looks like poor finish work. I havent had any problems and yes mine is an 06 450 as well.

Let me know what you find out about this...I'd like to know what Honda says about it.

They sure look and feel like cracks, but I would agree that it is very poor finnish work on the right side of the engine...Glad to see it's not just mine. Anyone else? I'd also like to know if you don't have this problem too....

Prior years have this as well. Its been posted in thw 450 forum before. If it isn't leaking, I wouldn't worry about it. You could probably polish them out for looks.

In the same spots as mine?

Casting marks?

They sure look and feel like cracks, but I would agree that it is very poor finnish work on the right side of the engine...Glad to see it's not just mine. Anyone else? I'd also like to know if you don't have this problem too....

I really think if they were cracks...you would notice some fluid leaking.