X Games flawed

The whole point of these games is to appeal to and represent the young generation. When you think of today's youth you think high tech. Instant communication via cell phones and computers and kids listening to yet to be released music on their ipods. So why would an event designed to embrace this lifestyle not allow the people judging the use of instant re-play and multiple camera angles? While watching mx best trick the announcers had to review each run numerous times from several angles just to describe to the viewers what they had just seen! Yet the ones making the decision as to who gets gold sit in a stationary spot on the course with only their eyes to rely on? That's just stupid. There are just too many little subtleties thrown into each trick that the eye can't catch. So I decided to just watch and enjoy what these phenominal athletes are doing and not care who somebody else thinks is best. Yeah it is a contest, but a contest that could and should be judged by all that todays technology has to offer.

I agree, but I don't really pay attention or care for that matter who wins, I just have fun watching the guys do some crazy shit! :thumbsup:

I agree, but I don't really pay attention or care for that matter who wins, I just have fun watching the guys do some crazy shit! :thumbsup:

Ill second that :thumbsup:

Ill second that :thumbsup:

Good point, I agree.

It has long been said that if a judge decides the winner that its not a real sport.

Good point, I agree.

me too:ride:

Speaking of Moto X best trick, what did you guys think of the winner? a 94.x for a body varial? Brian Deegan did that trick last year or the year before (cant remember). He won, but he was going against people barely doing backflips. I think Potter who did the heart attack backflip should've won. He only got an 88.x i think. Anyone else agree?

Also last year TP got what like 98 points for double flip. i mean comon that should have a perfect 100 since his landing was perfect and all. sometimes i get a feeling that those judges don't know shit about MX/FMX or anything related to dirt bikes. Sctott Murray got 66 points for him attempt. I'd gove the guy at least an 80 for the attempt and everything he went thorugh to get there :rant:

i liked the heart attack back flip. he nearly gave me a heart attack when his bike stopped rotating and he snapped it back on his own. thats was impressive.

^^It was very impressive. but I guess a body variable is 6 points more impressive? BOOOO, judges. Maybe they thought all of his piercings were cute so they gave him a higher score.

Thats a good point but i get mad when somthing like what happened with todd potter happens. Yea kyle did a trick noone has ever done before but it was sloppy and wasnt that great, mean while Tod Potter does somthing incredible and so perfect and got jipped in my opinion.

Just my $0.02

and boxing should be last man standing with no judges