TC300 update

Just thought i would update you all on my 06 TC250 with 300cc kit and ported head. I have had zero issues with it, the valves are staying rock solid (had the head ported and a "performance" valve job done when the 300 kit was installed). I have not once boiled the bike and it always seems to run nearly perfect with the current jetting. Yesterday i went for a ride at a good local area and put a stock husky TE can on it. I had been running the TC Ti can with a screen in it and the TE has an outlet hole about a 1/3rd the size. I ran this can at a desert race earlier this year and to my surprise thought in some ways it added power, especially on the bottom. Yesterday was the first time I ran it since then and the combination of this can and the fact that the motor finally loosening up made for quite a combo. I was shocked how much pull the motor now has. It also seems to have lost it's wanting to stall issue for the most part. Smoother, stronger harder pull off the bottom and into the mid. It did cap the top end slightly but added so much on the bottom it does not matter. I was chasing a two time enduro champ on a well setup 07 YZ250 through an area he races all the time and with my bike running so well and being in a groove I really felt like I had tons of speed with little effort. This bike is fast. It gets from corner to corner very well and can reel in bigger faster bikes at will it seems. I believe this is due to near perfect power. No wheel spin or drama trying to control the rear end or make it track. Just perfect hook up, controlled power and forward thrust. This to me is nearly the perfect off road motor. If i was racing desert it might not be my first choice but my one desert type race proved that it will hold it's own there as well. Additionally the hard pull from 1st revolution to creaming last allows you to eliminate shifts between corners and makes getting through faster trails a thing of beauty. Just pick a good gear and run the throttle. Sweet. Another thing that amazes me about this bike is how wide it can make the trail seem. It has a narrow engine and sits pretty tall on the trail making the trail feel wider and provides more options for line choice. I notice this a lot when i swap bikes with people and my feet start getting ripped off the pegs from stumps and ruts. The amazing accuracy of the handling is the topping on this cake. As you can tell I am stoked about this bike. It fits me like a glove, has gobs of usable power (much more than ANY 250F) and just flat works for me. I do need to get the suspension revalved for me. MX suspension designed for a 150 pound kid is not the hot setup for a 200 pound woods guy :>) With the motor loosening up and the TE muffler this bike is truly a dream bike. I simply love it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIDE...nice write-up!

You know it's kind of funny and It's kind of an interesting concept...next year we have the new 250 coming out...right now I don't know if that motor can get built up to a 300, but why don't they just take the existing 250 and make it into a 300 or 350?

It would fill a nice hole in the product line-up and it really wouldn't cost them anything.

Hmmm...I guess we'll just have to wait until next year?:D

HuskyRips

Ride,

You are running the stock TE 450 muffler, correct?

I have to laugh when I hear people buying aftermarket exhaust systems because they think it's going to make their Husky better.

The stock one both on the TC and TE are one of if not the best exhaust systems out there and if you didn't notice it's made by ARROW! Duh....http://www.arrow.it

HuskyRips

Thank you for jogging my memory. I was actually running the muffler off my TE450 on the TC300 at the desert race. This can is from a TE250 or TE400 (euro model). Very small outlet hole and longer overall length but did add roll-on and bottom to mid power.

Thanks for the report "Ride",I also have a 2006 tc250...traded in my 300 Gasgas (2006) which I did like,but out on the trail I tried my buddy's tc and felt that I could keep momentum much easier on the stroker.

I can't wait to get more saddle time in.Next week were off to upper Michigan for 2 days of trail riding,with each ride I'm becoming a little more confident in twisting the throttle,hearing that motor sing is music to my ears!!!

Anyways at some point in time I fancy the idea in going with the 300 kit...sure sounds nice!!!

Anyways at some point in time I fancy the idea in going with the 300 kit...sure sounds nice!!!

I'm not sure what the porting did as they were both done at once but the TC300 is WAY faster than any 250F I have tried, even highly modified ones. It is a great setup and rips up some trail, that's for sure. It is at once easier to ride AND much more capable.

Sounds like you are describing a dialed in TE 450 that is lighter and less powerful. How do they compare?

Russ, you know I loved my TE450. I like this bike more. It feels way lighter, handles better, and makes the perfect power for me. You do have to ride it more as it does still need some revs to hang with bigger bikes but really has outstanding power and ability. It is a lighter easier 450. Or really a VERY fast TC250 ?

It strikes a perfect balance for the type of riding I do. I loved my CR125 husky for it's light weight and handling and my TE450 for the fantastic do it all motor, this one is the best of both. It is a little racier and needs to be ridden like you mean it where the TE450 can be ridden more relaxed. I wanted a more aggressive bike and this is if you know what I mean. the motor is near perfect and I can put the front tire within an ich of where i want it at speed. Accurate, agile and efficiently fast.

the TXC250 with a 300 kit will be AMAZING.

Just thought i would update you all on my 06 TC250 with 300cc kit and ported head. I have had zero issues with it, the valves are staying rock solid (had the head ported and a "performance" valve job done when the 300 kit was installed). I have not once boiled the bike and it always seems to run nearly perfect with the current jetting. Yesterday i went for a ride at a good local area and put a stock husky TE can on it. I had been running the TC Ti can with a screen in it and the TE has an outlet hole about a 1/3rd the size. I ran this can at a desert race earlier this year and to my surprise thought in some ways it added power, especially on the bottom. Yesterday was the first time I ran it since then and the combination of this can and the fact that the motor finally loosening up made for quite a combo. I was shocked how much pull the motor now has. It also seems to have lost it's wanting to stall issue for the most part. Smoother, stronger harder pull off the bottom and into the mid. It did cap the top end slightly but added so much on the bottom it does not matter. I was chasing a two time enduro champ on a well setup 07 YZ250 through an area he races all the time and with my bike running so well and being in a groove I really felt like I had tons of speed with little effort. This bike is fast. It gets from corner to corner very well and can reel in bigger faster bikes at will it seems. I believe this is due to near perfect power. No wheel spin or drama trying to control the rear end or make it track. Just perfect hook up, controlled power and forward thrust. This to me is nearly the perfect off road motor. If i was racing desert it might not be my first choice but my one desert type race proved that it will hold it's own there as well. Additionally the hard pull from 1st revolution to creaming last allows you to eliminate shifts between corners and makes getting through faster trails a thing of beauty. Just pick a good gear and run the throttle. Sweet. Another thing that amazes me about this bike is how wide it can make the trail seem. It has a narrow engine and sits pretty tall on the trail making the trail feel wider and provides more options for line choice. I notice this a lot when i swap bikes with people and my feet start getting ripped off the pegs from stumps and ruts. The amazing accuracy of the handling is the topping on this cake. As you can tell I am stoked about this bike. It fits me like a glove, has gobs of usable power (much more than ANY 250F) and just flat works for me. I do need to get the suspension revalved for me. MX suspension designed for a 150 pound kid is not the hot setup for a 200 pound woods guy :>) With the motor loosening up and the TE muffler this bike is truly a dream bike. I simply love it.

What are your thoughts on long term reliability? Do you think the bottom end of the 250 can handled the extra output for the long haul? I know that is impossible to really answer but I am sure you thought about that before you made the move.

I love my 2007 TE250 after a fun day at Taneum, but the lower seat height and EFI has me thinking about 2008. And if I can get a 300 kit installed off the showroom floor, well, . . . it is a good thing I am not married.

Greg

What are your thoughts on long term reliability? Do you think the bottom end of the 250 can handled the extra output for the long haul? I know that is impossible to really answer but I am sure you thought about that before you made the move.

I love my 2007 TE250 after a fun day at Taneum, but the lower seat height and EFI has me thinking about 2008. And if I can get a 300 kit installed off the showroom floor, well, . . . it is a good thing I am not married.

Greg

I think it will be no problem.... present 250(same for '08) is just a small top end, on almost same bottom end as 450/510. Next generation '09 250 that Oblucki is racing might be a different story.

Norman

Hey Ride, you should drag that 300 up north so I can take it for a spin sometime. We'll head up to Kamloops were the riding is rather heavenly, just 4hours from Vancouver.

I'll try to carve out a weekend to do that. ? Feel free to drag your arse down here as well. :D

What are your thoughts on long term reliability? Do you think the bottom end of the 250 can handled the extra output for the long haul?

No idea and at this point i don't care. I love how it works. If it blows I'll fix it and keep going. I have had very good luck with huskys so... Also every bike breaks, it's just when. It is stone reliable until proven otherwise. I would take this bike on any ride.

I'll try to carve out a weekend to do that. ? Feel free to drag your arse down here as well. :D

I thought arse was a Canadian word. Are you qualified? :D

Is this west coast gather in Prospect Or. going to happen?

:excuseme:

I thought arse was a Canadian word. Are you qualified? :D

Is this west coast gather in Prospect Or. going to happen?

:excuseme:

Sorry, stole it from my pirate dictionary :D

Yes, I'll update the other thread. Lame but at this time i am swamped and have no foreseeable time to organize a ride like i hoped i would. I will be going to the Sept 22 Dual-sport ride and spending a few extra days there to ride single track. This would be a good place to meet but having never ridden there i would not be a guide.

I will be going to the Sept 22 Dual-sport ride and spending a few extra days there to ride single track. This would be a good place to meet but having never ridden there i would not be a guide.

Ok - place in southern Oregon for a few extra days near 9/22. I am all ears. Will be listening for the updated thread.