Sign in to follow this  

Akeley MN Trail Ride (Martineau Trails) 8/11 & 12

Anyone going to the Akeley Trail Ride next weekend, the 11th and 12th? I know it conflicts with the Nationals, but you're riding instead of watching. I copied this from the forum: http://bb.armca.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=7278

My family and I decided to skip the Nationals to go riding.

Paul Bunyan Forest Rider's

Trail Ride

August 11-12

Paul Bunyan State Forest Trails Akeley, Mn.

Directions: Hwy 64, approximately 3 miles north of Akeley, trailride headquarters will be the Stompin Grounds. There will be arrows to the Stompin grounds from Akeley.

Food and overnight camping will be available.

Start Time:

8:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturday

8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Sunday

Trailride Cost: (We accept Cash & Checks, no cards please)

Adults: $20.00 per day, $30.00 for both days.

Ages 13-17: $10 per day, $15 for both days.

Kids (12 and under): $5.00 per day, $5.00 for both days.

All bikes must pass sound check (96 db)

Youth riders need a OHM safety certificate (state DNR requirement)

Additional costs:

AMA District 23 has stated that trailriders will need to be members of the district and AMA. There is a $10 trailrider card per family and it covers minors. They will be available at the event. Full AMA District 23 memberships will also be available. You will not need to buy one if you have any other AMA District 23 competition card.

AMA membership - $39 yearly (12 months)

All participants will receive a map of the Paul Bunyan Forest trails. The trails will be arrowed and numbered pie plates will be in the woods so that riders can consult the map and figure out where they are. We are working on a couple of easier loops for families that have more challenging trails connected. Intersections will be marked, giving experienced riders a challenge and a marked spot for less experienced riding buddies to meet.

I'm planning on riding at least 1 day,(Saturday) i was planning on going to Milleville on Sunday, not sure yet. I would realy like to ride and camp both days.

Mike :thumbsup::ride: