Sign in to follow this  

give gas to start it??

Okay, so lately, my bike has been becoming harder so start. So I figured I change my spark plug, since I hadn't done that in a while. I changed it out, and still, nothing. So I'm kicking it over, and it won't fire. I pumped the gas twice like I always do, nothing. So I decided to give it gas while I was kicking it, maybe about 1/4 throttle, and it fires up. I was happy that it started, but was puzzled by what I had to do to start it. So I bought a new air filter, thinking that it was starving for air, but I still had to give it gas while I was kicking it. I don't get it, I'm thinking it is the valves, since it is an 04', but I'm not sure. Can somebody help me out with this? :excuseme:

that's strange because mines started doing the same and i just set my valves to spec... it did it a little bit before and its worse but coming from a 125 i dont really notice it lol

I'd better add that I always twist the throttle twice before starting cold - either bike. I very rarely don't start on the first kick. Kinda freaks me out if it takes more than one.

I'd better add that I always twist the throttle twice before starting cold - either bike. I very rarely don't start on the first kick. Kinda freaks me out if it takes more than one.

Yeah I do give the throttle two pumps before I cold start it, it doesn't seem to do the trick anymore. :excuseme:

Check your valves - had same issue with our 04 and valve reshim cleared it up.

I have that exact same problem. And sometimes it takes a second for the fast idle to kick in too.