KTM sets a precedent!!!

I was watching the X-Games last night and at the step up jump competition a 4 stroke KTM the first ever 4 stroke used in this form of competition won the gold! and won it handily against 2 strokes with fully built race motors. Evidently the guy on the KTM SX 450 stated that his bike was stock except for the FMF pipe as he said that was all it needed. That step up jump is a contest where the rider gets 27 feet to accelerate to a steep almost vertical jump where they then have to clear a bar that gets set higher after each run. The KTM rider cleared a 33 foot bar which the two strokers couldnt clear.

He had been practicing with Jeremy McGrath on his 2 stroke but then secretly tried his 4 stroke KTM and found he could get 5 feet higher on the 4Stroker. He kept the fact he was bringing a 4 stroke secret until the night of the event where he proceeded to dominate. I dont think he hit the bar not even once.Probably got more exposure for KTM than all the racing the Alessis have done all year.

I have also noticed that Mike Alessi has been getting same awfully strong starts and has holeshotted several MX races in the 450 class on his KTM.

The exposure that KTM has been getting lately is well deserved as the boys in Austria are designing and building some awfully strong motors.

Ricky Carmicheal was one of the annoucers and claimed that he would be bringing his 4 stroke suzuki next year.....

This makes sense to me. I was wondering if this would start to happen in X Games format. The 4 strokes have so much more torque, and the weight of them has come down to something manageable. It seams to me that pretty much every thing is going 4 stroke eventually.

Until next year, he will be on the RMZ:bonk:

Thats too bad as I have actually been suprised at his ability to get strong ass starts and run up front with Stewie and the big dawgs. I think he makes for good brand recognition and is a serious asset to KTM....Jeeze I spose Alessi is one of the big dawgs now.

I like watching that kid ride...He has that on the edge riding at 100% style that makes watching the sport so derned exciting.

Yep he;s awesome why is it KTM has problems keeping good riders, But man did anyone see ricky carmicael He's awesome works his butt off, His Butts made of gold, He;s moveing to nascar next year, and looking at property around here!!!

Thats too bad as I have actually been suprised at his ability to get strong ass starts and run up front with Stewie and the big dawgs. I think he makes for good brand recognition and is a serious asset to KTM....Jeeze I spose Alessi is one of the big dawgs now.

I like watching that kid ride...He has that on the edge riding at 100% style that makes watching the sport so derned exciting.

i agree, i like alessi a lot more the last season or so. He has done a lot of growing up.

KTM has some great riders, just not in motocross or supercross anymore. They have some great off road riders though.

I was woundering what happen, my DVR recoreded the show but naturaly ESPN Fed up the times and i missed the end. It seams now that Ma has gotten the Suzy deal he has fell off a bit, kind of messed up if you ask me.