need help! metal spoon..!

I am going to race tomorrow and was changing oil before that on my new yzf250 2007..

I bought it at 8 hours. now at 10 hours I change oil..

Eveything seems nice until I check my oil strainer, and there is metal spoon on it.

The metal is thin and some mm long.

Is this just some spoon from parts in motor that is fitting each other(since it`s almost new)

WTF is this?

I have sticked a magnet in, and there are more on the inside(don`t know how much)

What to do? help me please!:crazy:

I tried but the pictures was bad, you can`t see the metal as it is..

I found them in the oil filter to, only they where smaller..

What to do? I have only ride it 3 hour since I got it.?

I thought yamaha was reliable..

One question.. Is it normal to find some metal when the bike is 10 hours?

+1 on posting pictures. It's hard to know what the metal is without seeing it.

spoon = skje

do you mean støv (dust) or partikkel or tykk skive (chunk)?

It is normal for new bikes to have some metal dust and small particles (steel and aluminum) in the first oil change. There's usually a little metal (steel) dust in each oil change after that. If the pieces are svært (large), bring the bike back if it's in the warranty period or find out what is wrong.

not only one piece..

the lagrest one is 3mm long. not thick, but thin and long.

there are some smaller too.

The man I buyed it from said that this was normal on new bikes on the first oil shifts. (this was maby the fourth oil change he thinked)

He said just change filter and oil, and drive. And see how it was the next oil change.

And after some more oil shift there would be no more metal.

he is a "pro" rider in Norway. this was his fourth YZ250f this year.

if it not a lot i would stay it normal because all off the gears need to wear in and match up. an you said it was only 10 hours on it and first old change if i read it right so i wouldnt worry to much now if it still large thin piece of metal in your next oil change somethings may be wrong

all so check the oil strainer in the oil tank in front of the bike

was in the oil strainer I found the largest piecest.

But I`m on the fourth oil change now.

If I should guess, it seems like metal from gears. so it`s hopefully just the gears that is maching. Lets pray for that.

You should not have large chunks of metal after the first oil change.

If it is steel, it is from gears or a shaft.

If it is aluminum, I agree with rm125ridwe. The clutch is pretty easy to get to and look at. It can shed a lot of aluminum.

I'm undecided about riding the bike.

One one hand, it is unpleasant to disassemble the engine and look for something that you might not be able to find.

On the other hand, riding the bike in this condition may cause additional damage if a part is wearing badly, but if something is going to break, you'll definitely find out by riding it.

Definitely clean the strainer.

You should not have large chunks of metal after the first oil change.

If it is steel, it is from gears or a shaft.

If it is aluminum, I agree with rm125ridwe. The clutch is pretty easy to get to and look at. It can shed a lot of aluminum.

I'm undecided about riding the bike.

One one hand, it is unpleasant to disassemble the engine and look for something that you might not be able to find.

On the other hand, riding the bike in this condition may cause additional damage if a part is wearing badly, but if something is going to break, you'll definitely find out by riding it.

Definitely clean the strainer.

it`s steel, not alu.

A friend of mine told me that the gears had a crispy outer shell, and tought it was from that. The chunk are formed like a banana(don`t know the word) and are some millimeter. dosn`t this just sound like a "shell" on the teeth from the gears?

He recomanded to do this:

change oil and filter, kick few times, and drain oil again, and look for more.

Is this a good plan? Shall I start and stop the engine before draining? ride it?

dude that sucks... alot. i would strip the engine down and for the future, use a little rare-earth magnet and super glue to the plug. u can do it ur self or u can look around for a billet one i saw in an asvertisment. nice little idea.

hope u fix ur problem. ?