How do I remove the WR450's mid right plastic opposite the air filter?

Searched here for an hour and can't find the answer.

I need to remove the plastic that is on the mid/back right of my wr450.

It's the black plastic covering on the right (opposite the air filter cover that's on the left side.)

There seems to be two little deepset holes that may have some sort of hex screws or something in there. I can't see in there and have no idea how to remove this.

Anyone know what I mean?

Thanks.

If I remember correctly that is not a cover, it's the airbox :excuseme:

That makes sense. I was going to remove it to take the old sticker off, clean it, and apply a new decal. Guess that one could stay on and I'll do all of that with it on the bike...

That makes sense. I was going to remove it to take the old sticker off, clean it, and apply a new decal. Guess that one could stay on and I'll do all of that with it on the bike...

My 02 doesn't have a removable cover for the air box so I applied both left and right decals while on the bike. It's not too hard, just take your time and use a heat gun to help at the edges. :ride:

My 02 doesn't have a removable cover for the air box so I applied both left and right decals while on the bike. It's not too hard, just take your time and use a heat gun to help at the edges. :ride:

Will a hair dryer work?

My '06 has two Phillips head screws on the back edge. Once those are removed, pull outward on the rear edge slightly then slide the whole cover toward the front to clear the two posts on the front edge.

The airbox is behind that cover.

Not sure if earlier models are the same.

~Dave