kx100 or crf100r

i want a crf150r or a kx100 i would be doing mostly trail riding and a little bit of mx tracks every other weekend i am a beginner im 13 about 5'1 i hear the crf150r is easy to ride but maintanence is expensive i hear the kx100 is a a better trail bike but i also hear 2 strokes will rip your arms off if you cant ride them properly. which one would be my best bet?:excuseme: i also dont live in new york i live near toronto canada

maintnence is expensive on any "racebike" including the kx100. i personally think the 150r is a better trailbike. because it's not so picky about gear selection. it will just chug along in any gear. if your looking for a used one i got a 07 150 expert i'll sell you. i'm about 30 minutes past windsor ontario.

Both of these machines are racebikes. That means sold as is. There is no warranty. Period.

If this is your first bike, I think that there are better choices out there to learn on like a CRF230F. I am not trying to talk you on to a slower bike, but if you are going to spend the money on something new, you should know that you won't have it for very long. Whatever you buy now you will quickly outgrow. Not only in size, but in ability. In two years when you are 15 years old, a KX100 or CRF150R will feel as inadequate as a CRF230F. All three of them will feel small and slow to you. Unlike the two race bikes, you will be able to sell the CRF230F for almost as much as you paid for it new if it still looks good. By the time you are 15 or 16 you will be ditching whatever you get now for a 250 of some kind.

i dont have a lot of tall ancestry so i think ill outgrow this bike in probably 4 years so ill be making enough money to buy myself a new bike when the time comes. what about blown engines is that normal or is that from people abusing there bikes and how much would it cost to fix it

maintnence is expensive on any "racebike" including the kx100. i personally think the 150r is a better trailbike. because it's not so picky about gear selection. it will just chug along in any gear. if your looking for a used one i got a 07 150 expert i'll sell you. i'm about 30 minutes past windsor ontario.

just curious but how much are you selling for?

• 2 months later...