TPS & APJ carb adjustment

if i'm going to muck about with the carb can someone tell me whether there is a change to the throttle position sensor which is carried out?

also who has played with the accelerator pump jet? both volume & jet size etc

any help greatly appreciated. thanks

You probably already know this Taffy but the TPS affects the ignition curve and is set or adjusted with an ohmmeter (sp?).

I don't know if this is what you are referring to but I spent a few hours playing with the stroke adjustment on the accel. pump. Small changes do make a noticeable difference! I ran out of daylight before I was satisfied with my efforts and returned it to stock setting though.

It seemed to have the most affect towards the end of the throttle's travel. If you backed screw out 1/4 turn and chopped the throttle past 1/2 turn the bike would almost die. But 1/4 to 1/2 turn blips were unaffected by this adjustment. So it seems this just adjusts the duration of the throttle's travel over which gas is injected :)

But I guess this WOULD mean more/less gas in total is being injected.

This post isn't going very well is it...

I remember a topic from a few months ago about an aftemarket pump that was a superior atomizer (something-38 Lightning). Has anybody else tried one of these?