drz 400 shake

bike starts to shake at 70-80 453 setup front end wobbles wondering ,hope wheels just need to be truied.anyy helpppppppp:excuseme:

I have found that new tires have a bigger tendency to wobble. Make sure they are balanced and slide forward on the seat at higher speeds.

ya at about 80 my bike has a marrzzi front end motarded,seems to be alligned correct.is this a drz sm flaw.if i gear it right my bike will go 110 i feel.453 big bore with pumper.i just switched to s e model street legal frame.any more help out there?????????????

You have to remeber the bike was not made to do 100, or even 80. The wobble is normal for all of the DRZs. Try a stablizer. It will dampen the turning abilities of the steering stem enough to stop the wobble. As far as the wheels you should still check your spokes. You should really try to check them every few hours of riding. Its handy to have a spoke wrench in your tool bag.

You have to remeber the bike was not made to do 100, or even 80. The wobble is normal for all of the DRZs.

Not true. The SM's are certainly made for 80+. The wobble is not normal. True the wheels and get them spin balanced.

it could just be the way your riding it. my bike likes me to move around a bit at speed, some roads it'll start shaking a little and it goes away when i tuck up to the tank, some roads the opposite.

i felt it alot when i first got the bike, but hardly ever notice it now.:excuseme:

Thanx, man. It was ex-flattracker and current data center electrical guru Bobby Newsom who did the shroud-ectomy on Fang.

FangShroud001.jpg

Bobby mocks a decent contour in tape with the shroud on Fang.

FangShroud004.jpg

Bobby preps tape lines for the cut.

FangShroud007.jpg

Using nice, sharp shears (tin snips), he makes one pass of a series of small cuts to get the results you're talking about.

He's a fabbin' freak!