Mount Patterson, Bodie Ride Pics

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PG I believe was discussed but I know we did not run through there.. Pete led most of the ride w/ GPS maps..my first time riding in that part of Cali / Nv.

I have some GPS files that were sent to Pete for the ride, PM I'll forward.

I enjoyed the backside of Mt. Patterson the best. I didn't see any pics from there.

If you make it out that way again, you must try the backside. My other suggestion is Riscue Canyon right next door. There are about 6 different water crossings, greenery, pine trees. It's completely different than the area you were at, Ricoh64

Great pics! Takes me back in time!

Gordie, Bayside didn't take me anywhere near Mt. Patterson. We did Wilson Canyon & the radio tower. I was lucky enough to ride with the TBSA in that area. Be prepaired........ that area is huge! It's very easy to get lost. :naughty:

Scott,

Bayside was supposed to head out there last weekend but the experienced ride leader couldn't make it. The leader was the one that would assure that we didn't get lost!

The area looks like a great place to ride for weekend. The pictures were great.

Nice pics. How did your bike run at 10,000 feet?

I need to head north for a ride like this.

Hey Phil,

I know the area shown on this RR extremely well. Have even stayed at the same campground, Walker River Resort, several times. Great D/s type riding up in that area, even some secret single track.

I'm going to try and put together (if the weather cooperates) a good long ride from my place sometime on Labor Day weekend. If it goes off it'll be Sat or Sun, if you're interested I'll keep you posted.

Hey Phil,

I know the area shown on this RR extremely well. Have even stayed at the same campground, Walker River Resort, several times. Great D/s type riding up in that area, even some secret single track.

I'm going to try and put together (if the weather cooperates) a good long ride from my place sometime on Labor Day weekend. If it goes off it'll be Sat or Sun, if you're interested I'll keep you posted.

Hey Glenn, Count me in if you do.

Thanks, LT

I enjoyed the backside of Mt. Patterson the best. I didn't see any pics from there.

If you make it out that way again, you must try the backside. My other suggestion is Riscue Canyon right next door. There are about 6 different water crossings, greenery, pine trees. It's completely different than the area you were at, Ricoh64

The backside of Mt Patterson (up Desert Creek to Lobdell Lake) was our backup 'easy way' for this ride. A friend sent me some GPS tracks of a single track trail that took us from Risue Rd all the way to the shelf (where the rock house is) just below the summit. Awesome trail and scenery. Last year a fire went through the back side (out by Ricky Canyon) that changed the look of the area, not as nice. Sometimes we use Riscue Canyon as our return route, the water crossings provide some heat relief.

Pete

Hey Phil,

Hmm...

Where's your place?

WoodsChick

How did you guys handle the gas situation? 350 miles.. Wow!:worthy:

We did that mileage over 3 days. Day one we each carried about a gallon of fuel out about 25 miles from camp to stash gas for day 3's ride. I also drove out to a couple of road crossings for day 2 & 3's rides and stached gas out there. I use 5qt oil containers to hold the fuel. After we empty them they are easily smashed, wire tied to our packs and disposed of properly.

Great looking stuff.. Would love to do that ride sometime.. I have a 02 520mxc and love that kind of stuff. Do alot of fishing up there and always wondered if there was any good riding up in the bridgport area. Trail maps?

Any info would be great..:ride: