WER Steering Damper

Any tips on installing a WER damper? I ordered the rivet-on bracket and am at the point of drilling... I guess I have to pull the steering head apart to make sure there are no chips from the drill inside and while I am in there I plan to install a zerks grease fitting to keep the steering head full easily... any reccomendations? Also I am looking for a trick way to install a thermostat to run the 12v fan I have on the left radiator (all plastic computer type). I have it on a manual switch at the moment. The Baja Designs kit should be coming in by this Wed or so... Has anyone had their forks or shock revalved? With re-jetting and exhaust/air box mods the bike is now faster than the suspension in the rough stuff... Love it! HSV

I was also thinking of mounting a computer type 12v fan on one rad for real tight woods riding but I don't think they are waterproof. Let me know how one works.

Does the DRZ400E have a thermostat installed like the 'S' model? I would like to know because I ride mine on the street and will install one from the 'S' if mine does not have one. Thanks.