525EXC Won't start? Help

I have an 03 525EXC. I rode it and put it away. Tried to start it and nothing. I charged the battery, and cranked it and cranked it. Kicked and kicked. Changed the plug and checked for spark. There is a spark but it doesn't seem real strong? What is my next step or what should I check? Coil, Stator? How can I check these? I really want to get my bike going so I can ride. Thanks for any help or advice you may have.....Craig

How long since it ran? Solid state electricle componants seldon die when not in use, what does is gas evaporates and leaves a varnish residue in the carb which plugs the pilot jet and spark plug caps conection on the wire is usually damaged by people pulling on the wire to get the cap off the plug. Must pull on the cap only!!!!!

Was the plug wet when you removed it? If so you have flooded the engine or you "may" have an ignition problem (unlikely). If it was dry, you have a fuel delivery problem.

Try airing out the cylinder with the plug removed. Drain the carb bowl to get fresh gas into it and try again. KTM recommends that you drain the bowl routinely - the volatiles in the gas evaporate and the bike will start harder if you don't.

Don't touch the throttle!

Are you jetted correctly?

John Davies

Spokane WA

I checked those items and finally gave up. I dropped it off at my local shop today. I will post the results so it may help someone in the future. I was told they couldn't look at it for at least a week so it may be awhile after they diag it and then have to possibly order some parts? Oh well. Thanks guys for the info.....Craig