Sign in to follow this  

Dual pipe?

Does anyone know if on the new 250 R's if it is possible to replace the dual pipe with a regular pipe, like FMF or Procircuit, pipes like that? I'm looking to buy an 06 250 four stroke racing bike and I would get Honda but I'm not liking that Dual Exhaust Design. Any Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Allright, Thank you I was just wondering cause i really want to get a Honda 250 R. The bike I ride now just isn't the best iv'e had to rebuild it three times within 1 month and a half. I Noticed you ride the new 250 R. How do you like it?

Allright, Thank you I was just wondering cause i really want to get a Honda 250 R. The bike I ride now just isn't the best iv'e had to rebuild it three times within 1 month and a half. I Noticed you ride the new 250 R. How do you like it?

yeah i understand. The bike is unreal man, never ridden anything like it. Smooth strong power all the way through, fantastic handling. Trust me if you get one you wont be dissapointed. Yeh i love it! :thumbsup:

yes u can drop the dual pipes but i would think twice before you tried it...the bikes center of gravity on the bike was designed to run with dual pipes out the back, now if u drop those and add a single exhaust on one side you are goin to really affect that center of gravity. Youre gonna start noticing the bike want to tilt to one side in the air and woops...u might not notice it but my friend tried it and couldnt stand it...if i were you i would just get the 05, the bike comes with the center of gravity adjusted to a single pipe...and from what i hear ppl like the 05 better the the 06 and 07 (see my forum 05 vs. 06...it should be on page 2 or 3)

Honda specifically made the bike with duals to increase power across the board. Don't forget the honda is like no other bike with its uni cam.

um alfa156 u do kno that duals actually TAKE AWAY power...the single gives you more power then the dual

what mde the 06 more powerful was exhaust valve stems being 5.0mm instead of 5.5, oval shaped ports, exhaust cam had more lift, they upped the piston compression ratio from 12.5:1 to 12.9:1, thinner piston rings for less friction, and a 40mm carburetor instead of 37mm (which actually also causes bogging)

they put the duals on for less sound and the looks factor

um alfa156 u do kno that duals actually TAKE AWAY power...the single gives you more power then the dual

I think the single gave the 05 a tiny bit more pull in the low end, but really not enough to notice unless you were an expert. And Honda's main aim with the duals was to balance out the bike more and make it less noisy.

if i were you i would just get the 05, the bike comes with the center of gravity adjusted to a single pipe...and from what i hear ppl like the 05 better the the 06 and 07 (see my forum 05 vs. 06...it should be on page 2 or 3)

yeh but remember the 04 and 05 had the valve problems!

A lot of guys at the track are running single pipes on their 06-07's. They claim they produce more HP's this way.

I know Bills Pipes make a single for the 06

valve promblems...that might explain why ive had to regrind my valves twice even though i check them regulary:crazy:

yes u can drop the dual pipes but i would think twice before you tried it...the bikes center of gravity on the bike was designed to run with dual pipes out the back, now if u drop those and add a single exhaust on one side you are goin to really affect that center of gravity. Youre gonna start noticing the bike want to tilt to one side in the air and woops...u might not notice it but my friend tried it and couldnt stand it...if i were you i would just get the 05, the bike comes with the center of gravity adjusted to a single pipe...and from what i hear ppl like the 05 better the the 06 and 07 (see my forum 05 vs. 06...it should be on page 2 or 3)

I hope your kidding becuase anyone who knows anything about riding will tell you that the balance of the duals is nothing more than a marketing tool. Your friend either thought about this balance ida to much and sub conciously favored one side or he wanted to sound like a pro and made it up.

Bottom line I like the duals becuase I like the symetry of their look. If you dont like how they look for a price you can change them. Its about what you like and yes most compaines sell o6 o7 singles

they prolly use the duals as a marketing tool but that still doesnt mean a single can throw off the balance of the bike...i dont think my friend was bull shitting me, he isnt that kind of guy. Also when the 06 came out Dirt Rider tested it for the first time and in there review Jimmy Lewis said the same thing about how u can drop the duals and add a single but it will affect the balance of the bike...and if i didnt believe my friend i sure would believe Jimmy Lewis, cause he doesnt need to sound like a Pro...he was a pro back in his day

If you buy a single exhaust for it you have to run a steel sprocket, heavy chain and they send you these small weights with your pipe to put on your swingarm to balance it out. Trust me, I know.

Get ya a 250r they are great i am on my first Honda have a 06 250r and no problems at all stay on top of oil changes and filters changes and will have no problems. Smoooth power just rolls right out.. Nice bike will keep Honda in my shop for a couple years.. :)

Well if you still believe this then I guess you could duct tape a brick to your left boot that should balance it out

If you buy a single exhaust for it you have to run a steel sprocket, heavy chain and they send you these small weights with your pipe to put on your swingarm to balance it out. Trust me, I know.

Which company supplies you with weights ?? It Shouldnt matter as the swingarm etc is all the same as the 04-05 and there is no Counter balancing weights or recommendations to only use Steel Sprockets / Heavy Chains on them. Where does the differnce in weight come in to play that isnt on the 04 05 ??

The dual setup produces more power every were except for peak, it has been proven on many dynos that the singles produces a few more hp at PEAK power, put from low to mids its all duals, and the give up top is a fair trade off to me for what u get everywere else. The center of gravity thing is a possibiltiy it could be to small to notice but it does make sence. for those of you that say it makes no difference at all, i think your wrong. But i would make your choice off of prefrences, if you like the single buy it, if you like dual buy those. there are pros n cons to both and on here this subject will go back and forth for days.

Which company supplies you with weights ?? It Shouldnt matter as the swingarm etc is all the same as the 04-05 and there is no Counter balancing weights or recommendations to only use Steel Sprockets / Heavy Chains on them. Where does the differnce in weight come in to play that isnt on the 04 05 ??

They came with my one-off Pro Circuit exhaust. The same Sobe/No Fear uses but a single can.

If the only thing you care about is having 1 maybe 2 more HP at peak then fine ( but thats not real HP anyway compared to the broadness of the twins)...im going to stick with more power across the board.