Colorado Jetting

Need jetting suggestions for Colorado - 10,000 feet average, say 70 degrees F, stock pipe, airbox snorkel removed. Runs great now with a 48 pilot / 165 main at sea level / 90 degrees F (whew).

Thanks in advance!!!

Hoop

Called 2 Colorado dealers (who should know)... The first guy said 48 pilot, 155 main. The second guy said 42 pilot, 140 main. Both stated this for stock pipe, airbox snorkel out. I have a hard time believing the bike will run at 10,000 feet with the same pilot jet it runs at sea level. I'm planning to go with the 2nd guy's recommendations, they seem much more realistic, and in line with jetting charts for correcting for altitude.

If anyone has any first hand experience with running the DRZ at altitude, I'd sure like to hear it!

Hey, I live and ride at 7000' to 9000'. I'm running a stock pipe, airbox snorkel out, a 48 pilot, a 155 main and I have lowered the clip on the needle 1 notch. At this elevation, I feel the bike is running perfect. I have also been above 10000' feet with the same set up and have had no problems. Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...