Sign in to follow this  

Got poped by the Fuzz this morning!

The cop is right when he says "any thing but OEM" That’s what the law says. But 95% of the riders out there are "illegal" according to the books. It’s just that most cops let its slide. It’s kind of a grey area, just like splitting lanes.

Sounds like you need to move.

I have the same lights and signals also sans reflectors. Cops don't bother me here. I saw a super sweet taillight/license plate light combo on the net. check this out: http://www.drcproducts.com/elect/edge/index.html

You need part #D45-18-706 for red, or part #D45-18-506 for smoke which would look sick on your black bike. I would suggest either getting their rear turnsignals or remounting yours more clean and then getting it inspected at the DMV and getting someone to sign off that it is DOT approved. Then, LET THE COP PULL YOU OVER! Go to court and show the judge your papers. That should get the cop off of your back.:thumbsup:

The cop is right when he says "any thing but OEM" That’s what the law says.

I'm guessing the law doesn't specify that the OEM signals have to be from the same bike or manufacturer.

I've been using Buell turn signals on a lot of my bikes - they're very tidy, very non-blingy, and since they're original equipment they're obviously DOT approved. Best of all, they're dead cheap. They're under $10 each. They come in "right" and "left", be sure to put the weep hole on the bottom.

Now, regarding the reflectors, I say you get some WIDE 3M reflective tape, bust out the scissors, and plaster "ACAB" and "FTP" all over the side of your bike. They're acronyms for "All Cops Are B*stards" and "F**k the Police". That might not help the situation, however. :busted:

Show up in traffic court, i guarantee you that the prosecutor will at settle for a lesser non point charge. It's a big self fullfilling money making machine. I recently got pulled over on my DRZ 250 after just putting it back together. I was nailed for a 45 in a 30. I got off the bike and also realized that i forgot to put my plate back on!!!:busted: Once my registration was run i didn't come up in the system either. I was sweating it big time until my appearance date. When i got their it soon became evident that they were just making bargains with everybody to keep them from fighting their case. The prosecutor asked me if i would settle for a non moving violation of $130 (vs. the $450 the cop handed me in tickets) for no registration. I had proof of registration with me but decided to go for it because i didn't want to take time off work and go back there again. Don't know if you were hit with moving violations (doubt it) but either way i would find a new way to work and or make the nessecary changes to your setup.

sucks, i know. Made me feel like a punk kid again.

When I first started on this site someone remarked how ugly those two round reflectors were on the front and that they had removed them.

I'm with the rest of you who think it's all the better. I want to be seen. I've been in a coma and while it helped me lose weight (from 218 to 156), overall it was a bummer.

Why dooes the law vary so much across each state in America, seems bizare to me. No wonder no one knows there arse from there elbow.

Anyway good thing about UK law is turn signals/indicators are not a legal requirement.

Why dooes the law vary so much across each state in America, seems bizare to me. No wonder no one knows there arse from there elbow.

Anyway good thing about UK law is turn signals/indicators are not a legal requirement.

California is just a whole seperate country itself lol

The land of fruits and nuts i say

that sucks , i have a rd 350 with similar turn signals , little round led lights , no plate lgiht (thats lame) they can see it anyway with there head lights can they not .

reflectors ha!

uncorked aftermarket pipes , ya hoo .never once had a problem with it , my tail lights aren't dot aproved even . been 3 years .