KTM 07 525exc. Supermotard kit ??

Hey guys just wondering as im looking into a KTM525 exc or possibly a new 2008 530exc for bascially getting around town and to work so it has to be road legal, and what to fit up a full front and rear wheel kit without all the hassles , i basically want to go into a shop buy the lot including brakes if i have to and bolt it up, is this possible and who or where can i go find out ??

I have had a few ppl say that KTM do a whole kit as im not too fimilar with the brand , will this setup work for busting round the streets and should i look out for any problems doing so , ur input would be much helpfull cheers ! :ride: :ride:

Hey guys just wondering as im looking into a KTM525 exc or possibly a new 2008 530exc for bascially getting around town and to work so it has to be road legal, and what to fit up a full front and rear wheel kit without all the hassles , i basically want to go into a shop buy the lot including brakes if i have to and bolt it up, is this possible and who or where can i go find out ??

I have had a few ppl say that KTM do a whole kit as im not too fimilar with the brand , will this setup work for busting round the streets and should i look out for any problems doing so , ur input would be much helpfull cheers ! :ride: :ride:

I have an 03 KTM 525 E/XC that I bought 17" wheels, radial master cylinder hand brake, larger rotor, and caliper in a kit from Munn Racing (KTMtalk.com). The rims are spoked and from Behr (Germany) and very nice. You have to use tubes, unless you get a tubeless kit. Also, if you try to fit a larger rim on the rear than 4.5" (I am talking off the top of my head here) you can have fitment issues. I believe I went with the smaller option on rim width on the rear. I have had no issues. I would suggest that you check on KTMtalk.com because that is where I learned about all this.

Clem

07' 540exc

I bought the KTM hard parts supermoto setup. 17'' wheels front and rear with the rear tire being 4.25'' wide. I got the 320mm rotor and front brake re-locator bracket for those sudden stops. There's alot of dummies on the road!!! I also bought the 3.1 Clarke tank for putting around town, to and from work, and hitting the trails. I got 115 miles out of the tank before hitting the reserve. I have so far 15 miles on the reserve, still riding. Street tarding is fun, but evertime you pull up to a red light people want you to do a wheelie and evertime another bike pulls up next to they will want to challenge you... Super fun!!!?

That all sounds good to me , cheers for the advice . As i have not yet purchased a bike my options are either a 08 530exc or either a 07 450exc as i know the 530 will be hard to pass up yet i can get a great deal on 450exc which would you choose if u had the choice ?? money is slightly tight goin for a 08 model as i will do a majority of riding around the roads , what would anyone reccomend ?

If your going to be riding on the street I would go with the 530. My bike was originally a 450, but I had a 540 big bore kit installed. More than enough in the dirt, but wouldn't have minded the 570 kit for the streets. Having the extra power is nice for emegancys...doesn't mean you have to use it.?

Sweeet as , im leaning towards the 530 too its gona bite the pocket a lil but it will be worth it in the end , also KTM has a motard kit i just found out for $3300 i rekon thats a lil steep but it comes with wheels and tyres and full brake calipers and rotors which then doesnt sound as bad to me should i follow that path or sort all out the wheels and brakes myself ??

Don't forget that you can get some decent rubber for the stock wheel sizes if you want to do the upgrades in pieces. The Sportsman class here requires stock wheels, and a few companies stepped up and offer tires for them. Unless you're racing, I bet they would be cheaper as well. I've read people in the Sportsman class running only slightly off their times on a full race SM.

Worth thinking about anyway.