Nuetech Tubeless System

Hopefully, I'll be getting a set of Tubliss soon. Weight reduction is the real benefit if your racing. What sells them for me is that if you do blow a tire, the "Tubliss" tube actually protects your wheel from most of the damage associated with running on a flat. The "Tubliss" tube airs up to 100psi, which not only keeps the tire locked to the wheel, it also provides protection to the wheel.

I doubt it will protect from large rocks and pot-holes, but at least you can continue along with a ride and not be in complete "limp" mode.

Hopefully, I'll be getting a set of Tubliss soon. Weight reduction is the real benefit if your racing. What sells them for me is that if you do blow a tire, the "Tubliss" tube actually protects your wheel from most of the damage associated with running on a flat. The "Tubliss" tube airs up to 100psi, which not only keeps the tire locked to the wheel, it also provides protection to the wheel.

I doubt it will protect from large rocks and pot-holes, but at least you can continue along with a ride and not be in complete "limp" mode.

100 lbs!?! Talk about skatey! I hope you wouldn't actually run a tire at that pressure regardless of what you put in it.

gtsnowcrack,

You're not actually running on a tire inflated to 100psi. The Tubliss tube occupies about 1/3 of the internal space of the tire. It's more the size of bicycle inner tube, than a motorcycle tube. Tubliss seals the spoke holes, acts as a rim lock and allows you to fill the remaining space with whatever pressure you want.

If you do puncture a tire your bike will still handle like crap, but your tire will stay on the wheel and you will do less damage to it (to a certain extent).

Again, all of this is just a positive side effect of the system. The real advantage is the reduction in spinning wheel weight.

I understand weight is the main concern, maybe fixing the tubliss "flat" is easier, but why not be assured by putting some "Slime" in the tires that you have already got.. probably a big $$$$$ saver

slime would do nothing but add weight, but say you got a nail or such in your tire. plugging your tire is much easier than changing tubes. and i have a friend thats about 230 lbs and he has to run 16 lbs of air and that makes the front end push out.

weight savings of up to 3lbs per wheel.....that is what interest me....until i thought what tube weighs 3lbs? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

TUBES ARE HEAVEY!.. try weighing some. This weight saving is base on a 19" tube.

A thin stock tube is just under 2lbs. HD tubes are approx 3.5lbs & UHD are near 4.5lbs. (weights vary from different mfg’s). A 19” Tubliss CORE is approx14oz’s lighter then a stock tube.

I saw a tube like that once. I asked for a 110/90x19 tube and the parts guy brought out what looked like a shoe box with reinforcing tape all over it. When I took the tube out to look at it, it immediately took the shape of a tire, and looked as if it could have been rolled onto the rim and run by itself, perhaps without even inflating it. I asked him for a lighter tube. He had trouble getting the HD tube back in the shoe box, so he set it aside until he could get a couple guys to help him, and brought out another box. This one looked like it was originally made to package a radiator cap. I went to another store. :excuseme:

One flaw it this system is that unless a tire is made as a tubeless tire to begin with, the bead may not seal very well. In fact, absent a layer of rubber on the inside specifically designed to seal in air, the tire itself may leak. That, and I fail to see how it's any more flat resistant without a tube than with one.

One flaw it this system is that unless a tire is made as a tubeless tire to begin with, the bead may not seal very well. In fact, absent a layer of rubber on the inside specifically designed to seal in air, the tire itself may leak. That, and I fail to see how it's any more flat resistant without a tube than with one.

The "inner-tube" if you will call it, inflates and puts pressure on the bead, seating it against the rim. If you run low air, I run 10 lbs, you can possibly avoid pinch-flats. And for the enduro guys, if a stick or sharp object such as a nail (who knows what you run into) happens to penetrate your tire, isn't plugging much better than taking the wheel off and replacing the tube?

Got one last week... ran it at a track full of shale rock (one of hannahs old tracks here in ketchum) Normally everyone here runs 15 lbs just to keep from getting flats. I ran 10 lbs in it, amazing traction and no flats... regular tire wouldn't get in one lap at 10 lbs without a flat.. can't wait till they produce one for the front... cheapest way I know of to take 3 lbs off your bike...