what is the easiest way

to straiten your subframe? i took a hard fall on the right side and it tagged my muffler and bent it over far enough to make it rub on the tire pretty hard.

thanks

AJ

i also tried searching and nothing really came up

i had a bent sub for a kx250..i took it to my school shop class and bent it straight in a vice..it worked well..also..i bolted it up to the bike..and i held the bike firm on the stand..while my dad beat the lights out of it with a hammer..worked well..

Subframes are pretty cheap, you might be better off looking for a used one than compramising the structual integrity off your bike and possibly putting yourself in danger. Check ebay... Just my 2 centavos

true..i forgot to mention..i was watching some on ebay..and ended up just buying a straight used one for $60..plus shipping..so look at ebay

to straiten your subframe? i took a hard fall on the right side and it tagged my muffler and bent it over far enough to make it rub on the tire pretty hard.

thanks

AJ

i also tried searching and nothing really came up

take off the seat and rear plastic(fender,sidepanels,etc.) wedge the bike between 2 trees that are close enough together to hold the bike solid from side to side force. get a 5'-6' length of some 1 1/2" steel pipe(pipe not conduit) and force the subframe back where it belongs,make sure not to go too far! trees are a big part of redneck bodywork(causing and fixing the problem:crazy: )

by bending it back will it make it that much weaker? it is maybe an 1-1 1/2 inch tops.

by bending it back will it make it that much weaker? it is maybe an 1-1 1/2 inch tops.

if its kinked and/or cracked it would be but if its just bent i'd say you could get away with it once or twice(at least i have):thumbsup:

take off the seat and rear plastic(fender,sidepanels,etc.) wedge the bike between 2 trees that are close enough together to hold the bike solid from side to side force. get a 5'-6' length of some 1 1/2" steel pipe(pipe not conduit) and force the swingarm back where it belongs,make sure not to go too far! trees are a big part of redneck bodywork(causing and fixing the problem:crazy: )

Bingo:thumbsup: :thumbsup: NCMTNMAN....where you been...man.....glad you are back!:busted:

This is exactly how to fix a bent subframe....also buy yourself a deadweight hammer at Homedepot....it works majic for smaller subframe bending adjustments...the pipe is also at homedepot and cost about 6bucks...works amazing:thumbsup:

I have seen totally pretzeled subframes fixed this way

ebay......get a new one :D

wedge the bike between 2 trees that are close enough together to hold the bike solid from side to side force. get a 5'-6' length of some 1 1/2" steel pipe(pipe not conduit) and force the swingarm back where it belongs,make sure not to go too far! trees are a big part of redneck bodywork(causing and fixing the problem:crazy: )
This only works in places like NC & Georgia, where the trees are that dense. We have to find alternatives here.

The principal is perfectly sound, though. :thumbsup:

Bingo:thumbsup: :thumbsup: NCMTNMAN....where you been...man.....glad you are back!:ride:

This is exactly how to fix a bent subframe....also buy yourself a deadweight hammer at Homedepot....it works majic for smaller subframe bending adjustments...the pipe is also at homedepot and cost about 6bucks...works amazing:thumbsup:

I have seen totally pretzeled subframes fixed this way

i've been protesting an executive decision in the suspender forum,its fixed now;so back in business....oh wait a minute ,is it ok to say business without paying for sponsorship:excuseme: :bonk:

gray,

that explains everything...a state full of tree huggers with no trees to hug:p

i've been protesting an executive decision in the suspender forum,its fixed now;so back in business....oh wait a minute ,is it ok to say business without paying for sponsorship:excuseme: :thumbsup:

gray,

yea I figured you were involved in that DJ mess.....hope it all worked itself out

Grey... I guess those cactus are a real bitch to deal with:p

It's not that there aren't any, it's just that either the huggers won't let anyone take a motorcycle near them, or they're far enough apart to ride between without cutting one down.