Sandbaggers Exposed

Let's use this thread to call out and bust some sandbaggers. There are some that take it to an embarrassing level. For example, Jim Lyon who won every +30B moto he entered last year got bumped to A for '07 so he basically stopped racing D17......he did pop up, however, at the Red Bud Amateur day and raced the vet sport class along side Anthony Bartemio (#19). Of course they went 1-2.....The funny thing is that the track asks / confirms that it is your first year racing and that you are a true beginner..:rant:

I guilty of baggin' too. I pulled off some shit like that once, and I'm very ashamed of it. Except that I finish 15th or so. Is this where we can confess? I already feel better about it

I used to race a guy in 250C that literally won it 4 or 5 times. His name was Jeremy something, I can't remember what. Every race he'd show up to he would win, but he wouldn't show up for all of them so it was hard to bitch about. For a guy like me who was just starting racing and actually trying to chase points at Mendota, it was infuriating :foul:

do you remember dylan martin lapping the C riders at mendota and winning 14/24 in front all the top b guys? that's what I had to deal with. I got over it though

Thats right. You need to call them out.:applause: :applause: :applause:

Forgive me Father for I have sinned,,,,,,,,,,, :devil::busted:

What about woods guys? Should they be called out, too? :smirk:

Yes, yes they should. Especially if they're fellow TTers! :busted:

Excellent thread! OK...we have one type of sandbagger that i'm ok with. The guys that just want to chill and aren't racing for the win are OK. I have a few friends that want to be a part of the racing without the danger of riding on the edge. I'm cool with this. I also don't mind the old timers that just want to go out and have fun or anyone else that is not racing for the win. The guys that bug me are the sandbaggers that are staying in a class behind and racing for the win...taking spots away from newbies. Jim Lyon...I'll call you out. Move up please and make room for someone new. I hope the new ama advancement system holds people accountable. This site and threads like this are good to clean house every once in a while. Unfortunately...I can't really think of anyone to call out right now.

Again...if you've been injured or are not really concerned with winning...this negativity is not focused on you.

One time I won a 250C race at Buffalo and was waiting in line for my trophy. I had won by quite a long ways mainly because I used to ride Buffalo 2-3 times per week and could just about do it with my eyes closed. It really was my first year racing so I was in the right class. Well while I'm standing there these two guys who were also waiting start talking about "that number 8 guy on the Kawasaki (me)." They're calling me every name in the book and saying I'm a cheater and a cherry picker and blah blah blah. Finally our protest time expires and I walk up and say, "Number 8, 250C." and then walk right past them, dusting off my big 1st place plaque :busted:

i will go with all you mfr's that beat me in the +30b class. I think all you guys should pull over and let me win:applause: Ok at the next nuke race if you see a yz250 #108 with a big fat ass on it, pull over and let me go by so i can get my self one them there big ass 1st place nuke trophy's. them things are nice. what you guys think:applause: :applause: :applause:

do you remember dylan martin lapping the C riders at mendota and winning 14/24 in front all the top b guys? that's what I had to deal with. I got over it though

I don't know this rider but some riders just start out fast.My oldest son won his first two races and only been riding less than 6 monthes, in the super mini class with more than 20 plus rider.My sons and I started riding at the same time when my yuongest said 'I wont a dirt bike'.We meet a local pro who pushed my oldest son , then 11 years old, about a month after we started riding.Late that fall he talked us in to racing. It was on then.My son only raced 3 times on the mini's,then his bike broke down. Could not fix it at the time.The next year, still no bike of his own, he had been riding my new 99 kx 250.He started racing 250 C, that year he got 10 th place at Kahoka Mo.At a Loretta Lynn reg. qual.none the less, with less then one years riding time.Now He is 20 and has other things on his mind,never went Loretta Lynn's' always had bad luck.It takes money to play that game.:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

It seems at the big amatuer days races at Red Bud and Millville it brings out the sandbaggers. There are still plenty at the local level as well. Part of the probelm is so many riders that ride without district cards so they have no points. Hopefully the new AMA advancement system works but once a sandbagger always a sandbagger. I guess they are missing something in their life and feel that by sandbagging they feel better about themself's.

If you cannot tell I hate sandbaggers. I have no problem with exceptions but true sandbaggers suck.

Probably only trackman and a few others could really appreciate this but one of the all time classic moments for me was at Maplehurst when you picked up your trophy at the bus, I think it was about 1986 or so and Martin Horn walked right up to Larz's face and point blank told him in that cock ass english accent "you're nothing but a cherry picker"!

Now you'd have to know larz, most people would have been a little frazzled or flinched or something, larz just gave him some shit right back and walked away,,,, had to be there,,, but it was classic.

I don't know this rider but some riders just start out fast.My oldest son won his first two races and only been riding less than 6 monthes, in the super mini class with more than 20 plus rider.My sons and I started riding at the same time when my yuongest said 'I wont a dirt bike'.We meet a local pro who pushed my oldest son , then 11 years old, about a month after we started riding.Late that fall he talked us in to racing. It was on then.My son only raced 3 times on the mini's,then his bike broke down. Could not fix it at the time.The next year, still no bike of his own, he had been riding my new 99 kx 250.He started racing 250 C, that year he got 10 th place at Kahoka Mo.At a Loretta Lynn reg. qual.none the less, with less then one years riding time.Now He is 20 and has other things on his mind,never went Loretta Lynn's' always had bad luck.It takes money to play that game.:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

what year was that regional at kahoka? I raced one back in 2001 in 125c. it's a shame that he quit riding. It takes money yeah, but if you're hardcore about it enough, you come up with it one way or anohter

Johnny O, do you ever watch the MX files on speed?

Neysbo says it well!

Johnny O, do you ever watch the MX files on speed?

Every chance I get but haven't seen it in a while, I'm pretty sure I saw all they did up till now,,, great stuff, too bad they only made them 1/2 hour long.

This is great, Iwas bored.Would I be a sandbagger.I to was fast when I started.I started in the 40 plus class and won my share of the money, then it was only a money class. Now we have so many, we have a A class and a B/C class.I only raced 2 years then got hurt real bad.Now I have a new bike and want to race again.I know I'm fast enuf but my body is not ready. I want to race B/C class to get my speed back up for next year.I only raced once this year in the B/C class and got 5th out of 13, and was taking it easy, have a very bad knee.:naughty::eek: THANX Ben.

P.S. I'm a slow typer.

what year was that regional at kahoka? I raced one back in 2001 in 125c. it's a shame that he quit riding. It takes money yeah, but if you're hardcore about it enough, you come up with it one way or anohter

2001 We had never rode on saw dust and it rain all week before.I know you remember that.:cry:

He mite race 2 or 3 times a year in the A class.