Need advice on knee braces

I need some advice on knee braces.

I have bad knees. Each knee has had 3 athroscapies (spelling ???), the next time I do damage I have to have some more serious operations, like a full reconstruction.

On the last ride I went on I twisted my knee slightly and I am now suffering a bit of pain and no more riding for a few weeks, so I am thinking it is about time I decided to invest in some knee braces.

I have never worn them before. I don’t know what brands there are available. I don’t know what is a good brace from a bad brace.

I do Enduro riding and I love it. I occasionally dabble in a bit of slow MX stuff, but it’s mainly enduro, hills climbs, tight single track and sandy beaches.

Can anyone give me advice on what to buy in regards to knee braces. What are you using, how good is it and how much did it cost ??

Do you wear them under your pants or over ?

Do you need to get a larger size pants in under ?

Thanks in advance for any help given. :excuseme: :excuseme:

If you have decent health insurance and a sports medicine doctor who is willing to work with you look into getting CTI's. I was using off the shelf braces for over 6 years and made the switch last season after my doctor wrote a prescription for them - 100% covered under my medical.

Just a thought.

If you have decent health insurance and a sports medicine doctor who is willing to work with you look into getting CTI's. I was using off the shelf braces for over 6 years and made the switch last season after my doctor wrote a prescription for them - 100% covered under my medical.

Just a thought.

I was about to suggest the same thing. I love EVS's products, and am under contract by them for sponsorship, but it sounds like you need more than an off-the-shelf product. Like Mike said, you can get prescriptions for these braces.

http://www.ctikneebraces.co.uk/cti_braces.htm

Just a thought.

I will have to look into that concidering I live in OZ. It may be differant over here. Thanks.

I'm confused:banghead: ? If you are under contract with EVS, why would use not use their products? Wouldn't that be an obvious conflict of interest and possibly violate the terms of the agreement?

If you truly have a sponsorship (not sure to what degree they support you)with EVS, I would call and verify that it would be OK if you were to use a competitors product.

Just a thought???:excuseme:

I'm confused:banghead: ? If you are under contract with EVS, why would use not use their products? Wouldn't that be an obvious conflict of interest and possibly violate the terms of the agreement?

If you truly have a sponsorship (not sure to what degree they support you)with EVS, I would call and verify that it would be OK if you were to use a competitors product.

Just a thought???:excuseme:

If you read what he said you'd realize he didn't say he wore CTI braces He suggested that what espy might need something more than what EVS (or any other off the shelf braces) have to offer…

I agree with justin 314...I think you should talk to your doctor and get a prescription for CTI braces. I had to pay $200 out of pocket to get mine and that was to cover the deductible. I’ve tried the asterisk and they are pretty darn good braces especially if you haven’t already injured your knees, but they don’t even compare to a custom made brace like CTI… Plus with CTI braces they can be made to protect for your specific injury… If you didn’t already injure your knees an off the shelf brace would be fine… but now the smart choice is to see a doctor and get some custom made braces…

Eyspy How are you mate ?

These are what I got & I think they are FANTASTIC !!!

Maybe bias because I have a pair , so read the reviews

http://www.podmx.com/en/pages/stuff/reviews.htm

Yes I believe you do get a discount on your Private Health Insurance too .

Asterisk are great also I hear , but they have laces which personally I dont like , which are apparently made for water skiers as well ?

These ones are just made for Dirt & because they are such a great product FOX has bought them out .

Cheers . ?