Would you tour on a KLX250?

I dont think so because my dad owns a KLx300S he has a bore kit in it. and he rode from kansas to eureka springs and he took the state highway and he had 15/40 set up on his bike and he really couldnot go pass 65-70 because the bike started getting lite and started floating on him. I gues it is up to what you are willing to the bike are you willing to rebuild the bike when you hit the rev limiter. hope this helps. i am not trying to discurage you after all in the end it is really you that makes the decision, so make the best descion for your heath. good luck.

I wouldn't. But that's just me. Too light, not enough power to get out of the way of motorists wanting to go 80+, and needing to rev the engine higher than I personally feel comfortable with for long periods of time. Add all these up and....I wouldn't. Others disagree. See if it works for you.

if you geared the bike really low for highway travel and were prepared to do 60 mph im sure you wont have any issues,exccept sore arse:ride: will need to travel with a 13 front sprocket as well incase you decide to ride any dirt trails. good luck to ya on your tour wish i was with ya, take it slow and you will have a ball:ride: ?

Don't mind EMS, he's just upset because he's had some bad luck lately.

Hell, didn't you total your bicycle the other night?

And then your truck went to the shitter too?

?

Don't mind EMS, he's just upset because he's had some bad luck lately.

Hell, didn't you total your bicycle the other night?

And then your truck went to the shitter too?

:ride:

haha.... i didnt total my bicycle, i crashed it on concrete...long story... but nothing broke...... and yea my tranny just went in my truck..... just a string of bad luck, but no so with the klx.... it has been a lemon since i bought it... and it seems that mine is the only one.?

That's right Murphy, err Schleprock, errr I mean EMS.

I would, but that's just me! I average about 60MPH (100KPH) on the expressways, but that's good enough for Japan. I don't think I would be too comfortable doing that in the U.S. I ride a D-tracker with all of the standard mods, after market exhaust and pumper carb. Stock gearing is 39/14, so it's not spinning too terribly fast.

Most of my riding is on the highway though, so if you're doing 50MPH, you are moving right along (the roads are much different here). I think I would want a bigger bike if I were in the states though, although I know of people who regularly tour on 250s.

DSCI0099-1.jpg

I've ridden the KLX a lot on pavement and honestly after a 150-200 mile day your butt will be sore on the seat. It can be done you definitely pay for it. With the smaller bikes the trick is always taking back roads, two lane highways and stuff like that. If you stick to that you'd be ok, but I can't imagine taking it out on one of the highways around me that would be scary. Just plan frequent stops, give yourself plenty of time to get there, and make yes it can be done.