Calling all 570 owners...

Hey all, I just found the TT website. AWESOME!! Anyway, I recently bought what I thought to be an '84 TX510 with a blown rod bearing for a winter project. Serial number jives with seller as to model and year. I got it from local bike shop for a case of beer, yes one case of beer.? It seems the previous owner brought it in for the bearing and then flaked out, couple years ago. Funny thing is when I measured the bore and stroke I come up with about 565cc. :busted: Can anyone tell me how to ID the top end or the lower case. I can find no markings of any kind except the Husky logo. But perhaps I'm not looking in the right places. Thanx in advance for any help.

Sounds like you have a well modified A/C 510 running a 97mm Husaberg piston.They would have to have shortned the barrel to get the deck height right.If anybody has an air cooled 510 cylinder & head please e-mail me.

I would recommend for all 610/570/410 owner to fit a vented ignition cover prolong the ignition life.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

ive just recently bought an 01 te570 that has a supermotard set up on it with slipper clutch and has also been bored out to a 600 with mx cams, i got a 2 spare sets of slicks one pair for (rain) both brand new and also a set of enduro rims and tyres with full tread.

i also have many extras, in total the bike n spares cost me $5000 which i thought was a bargian, i should have a few pics available in th next couple of days.

i also have a question? last nite i tried starting my bike, in doing so i think i broke the ks spring because the ks will not reset into the closed pos properly.

also i think my decomp might of broke as it doesnt need me to decomp it like i did wen i first got it, if any1 can help it would b much appreciated thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I traded my 02 Honda CR250 woods bike for this pile? I gave in and brought it home with blown wheel, and suspension bearings and a top end that sounded like it was full of loose change... Anway after pulling it down to the frame and giving it a LOT of TLC I'm starting to not regret my decision so much lol. So far I'm really liking this one and I can't wait to see how she does on the trail.

I have a question though... Is it normal for the TE's to sit so low? This thing is a good 3.5" lower than my WR426 and I'm starting to think maybe something isn't supposed to be that way. The sag seems normal and there are no lowering links of any sort. What do you think?

EDIT: There is 8.5" of chrome showing on the lower tube of the fork under full weight and 9.5" if I take the weight off (unloaded). Manual calls for 11.8" of stroke... This isn't looking good.

Before:

DSC02769.jpg

At this point in time:

DSC02816.jpg

DSC02817.jpg

Edited by Rot Box

for sure looks lowered. When you PMed me about this bike and then told me it was thrashed I was expecting worse. Looks OK. I would have traded a Honda for that all day long?

Here is my 02 TE570 at full extension for reference.

339737497_Wkze8-L.jpg

Good luck with that bike, they are a real cool and unique bike. ?

Ride, I should have taken better before and after pics it was really bad!?

OK I measured the lowest part on the frame and it is just over 10" off the ground where the manual calls for over 13". So where do I even start with getting the suspension fixed? (suspension forum?) I can replace seals and such no problem, but I have no idea on where to start with this mess ?

the seat is also cut down. I bet there is travel reducing spacers in the shock and fork. You will need a suspension guy to go through it and sort it out but the up side is it will be setup right for you. Suspension is the best place to spend money when upgrading so just look at it as you are making the bike better / right for you.?

Thanks again Ride I appreciate the help? Yep after pulling the forks down today it turns out the front and rear have been lowered 2". Aside from buying/finding new springs it shouldn't take too much to get the forks back to the stock configuration--not sure on the shock yet I have my fingers crossed.

So far this bike has been a nighmare getting all the quirks/neglect sorted out, but I really like the way things are headed. I vaguely remember the introduction of the 570 in 01 but it seemed like (at the time) Husqvarna was trying to either trying to: A. Remind everyone that they still build/ and always have built killer 4T's. Or B. They were trying to give the WR400/426 some competition. Either way the promotion must not have worked all that great for only having a 2 year run. Personally I'm excited to compare the 02 570 to my 02 426 once I get all the bugs worked out.

As for tech I found the rear hub to be a bit odd as it uses two standard size 6005's on one side and a (3mm wider/odd size) 63005 on the other. Maybe this is typical for Husky, but if anyone can cross the 63005 at their local bearing shop it "might" save some cash as the oem replacement comes in at around $30.

Thanks again Ride I appreciate the help? Yep after pulling the forks down today it turns out the front and rear have been lowered 2". Aside from buying/finding new springs it shouldn't take too much to get the forks back to the stock configuration--not sure on the shock yet I have my fingers crossed.

So far this bike has been a nighmare getting all the quirks/neglect sorted out, but I really like the way things are headed. I vaguely remember the introduction of the 570 in 01 but it seemed like (at the time) Husqvarna was trying to either trying to: A. Remind everyone that they still build/ and always have built killer 4T's. Or B. They were trying to give the WR400/426 some competition. Either way the promotion must not have worked all that great for only having a 2 year run. Personally I'm excited to compare the 02 570 to my 02 426 once I get all the bugs worked out.

As for tech I found the rear hub to be a bit odd as it uses two standard size 6005's on one side and a (3mm wider/odd size) 63005 on the other. Maybe this is typical for Husky, but if anyone can cross the 63005 at their local bearing shop it "might" save some cash as the oem replacement comes in at around $30.

No problem man, love those old paint shakers ?

The shock will most likely have a small aluminum travel limiter in it like the forks. As the your 426 those are great motors as well. Smoother for sure but the 570 should rip the paint off the 426 motor especially off the bottom. Slower reving but much more overall power. As for the rear wheel bearings I think All Balls has a kit (if not tell them the sizes and they will build you one) and come with seals and is very inexpensive.

Wish I had my 570 back. If you ever feel like your tired of it just keep it, it is not worth enough to sell it and you will kick yourself for doing so. Not the end all bike but has so much soul it makes it so lovable. Big old school 4st power... FUN.

No problem man, love those old paint shakers?

The shock will most likely have a small aluminum travel limiter in it like the forks. As the your 426 those are great motors as well. Smoother for sure but the 570 should rip the paint off the 426 motor especially off the bottom. Slower reving but much more overall power. As for the rear wheel bearings I think All Balls has a kit (if not tell them the sizes and they will build you one) and come with seals and is very inexpensive.

Wish I had my 570 back. If you ever feel like your tired of it just keep it, it is not worth enough to sell it and you will kick yourself for doing so. Not the end all bike but has so much soul it makes it so lovable. Big old school 4st power... FUN.

Hi guys, check my project how to get this monster smother:D

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?110823-1998-Husqvarna-610-rebuilding-project&highlight=610