Sign in to follow this  

It's here crf230L

not sure if im the only one, but when i first looked and saw the 230L i was amazed they did it, but looked at the 450R instead and when i went back it was gone....whats up with that?

Sweet, If I didn't already have a CRF230 with baja designs kit and got it plated I would get this. It looks like the major differences are the seat height of 31.9 (34.1 on the dirt version) and the addition of a rear disk brake and .1 gallon more on the tank. This bike gets sweet gas mileage in the high 50's to 60's and the maintenance a piece of cake compared to the water cooled fancier more expensive bikes. It doesn't have a whole lot of power but a great trail bike and you can get to your local riding spots without loading it in a truck. Way to go Honda. This is a step in the right direction for street legal dualsport bikes. :thumbsup:

I don't like it, because now my dual sported CRF230 isn't as "exotic" now. It also doesn't hold a premium price over non-plated 230's since anyone can get one. Damn! :thumbsup:

I don't like it, because now my dual sported CRF230 isn't as "exotic" now. It also doesn't hold a premium price over non-plated 230's since anyone can get one. Damn! :thumbsup:

That is what I thought at first - but look at the price out the door for the 230L then compare it to what you could sell yours for.

I have a 230 with a plate and it might be worth $2500 after whoever buys it pays sales tax and registration in CA - compared to $5000+? if that same person bought a 230L, paid the tax & registration.

The numbers will vary by location of course but it seems like a 2x price difference to me.

If anyone finds anymore tech info please post. Especially sprocket sizes (13/46?) and secondary gearbox reduction ratios - the first reduction before the gearbox.

You guys are crazy, this is a joke. Where is the 400???

have you ridden one? i ride one all the time and think it would make a great dual sport.

These bikes are very good.

They are very similar to the now deleted SL230.

However, they are very different to the CRF230 in a number of ways.

The engine feels very flat when compared to a standard CRF230, think 80's XL185. It does struggle to lift the front wheel.

The rear disc is very good, so good you wouldn't want a joke of a drum brake again.

The suspension is soft and mushy, short legged people will love it standard.

The seat, pegs, bars relationship suits smaller riders. Taller riders will want a seat lift !

The build quality, paint, and parts are much better than the Brazil build CRF230.

I had a test ride on one of these a couple of years ago here in the UK, with a view of replacing my SL230, but the bike is so similar that I didn't bother to change it.

• Like 1

Whatever...the stroke is longer than the bore and it vibrates more than a

650L. The suspension is not plush at all, it's stiff and poorly damped for such a light bike. Damn you HONDA where's my 400L!

Whatever...the stroke is longer than the bore and it vibrates more than a

650L. The suspension is not plush at all, it's stiff and poorly damped for such a light bike. Damn you HONDA where's my 400L!

I agree with auron. The air cooled RFVC 400 has served Honda well in the XR 400 and the TRX 400EX. They should have updated the XR chassis to a more modern CRF/X chassis and put the RFVC 400 engine in that for dual sport use. Even if they kept the steel XR frame they could have updated the plastics to look more modern (CRF 400L). The XR 650L is too big in the woods for many people, a CRF 400L would be much more nimble in the woods, and be able to run with traffic on the road. I still cant beleive they axed the XR 400R. It would be nice if Honda introduced a late 2008 CRF 400L or even an early 2009 model. I wouldn't hold my breath though, the dual sport market is the slowest market to evolve. It would be nice if the dual sport market was on the same technology pace as the MX and sport bike market, at least as far as chassis/suspension goes.......leave the maintenence intensive engines to the racing models only. Tech25

I have been waiting for this bike for so long. I love my 230f but I want a road legial one. I love it.