650L exhuast which doesn't require packing??

Martinfan,

How often do you have to repack the WB pipe? I was thinking of putting a WB on, but may just stick with stock if the HP gains are not worth the hassle.

I have had my E2 on for 1 1/2 years. Not much change in noise at all. I do clean out the sparky screen occasionally. There will be a couple flakes of packing stuck in it.

I am wondering when others do repack their E2's also. I havent seen a need to do it yet.

The power gain vs. maintenance is a non-issue to me.

Corrrect me if I am wrong, Repacking is a sound issue, not a performance issue...Pipe gets louder over time...Repack when you cant take the NOISE...huh? Did you hear da?

You are right, mine just hasnt lost much packing. So I really havent noticed any noise increase.

Maybe the gradual loss over time is so minimal that you dont notice the change. I know for one thing, its still quieter than a couple guys that run original E-series muffs.

hey bud ive got a BIG GUN no problems so far. 2850miles and if it falls off!! tomarow who cares. thats werd to have a problem with a slip on or stock exaust......other than it looks like your a newby... and it weighys a mectric ton.......town ridin loud makes you HEARD:ride:

yeah I',ve got the Big Gun also. Just repacked with FMF packing 3 weeks ago! To my surprise the pipe is rated for 106db. 96db is the national forest rule. That Big Gun pipe was loud enough for me to look closer at it. It had an aftermarket end cap on it also. The packing was burned out and "compressed" to the last 25% of the silencer. I DID lose power to the repack AND the spark arrestor insert, But it is more tolerable now.

Corrrect me if I am wrong, Repacking is a sound issue, not a performance issue...Pipe gets louder over time...Repack when you cant take the NOISE...huh? Did you hear da?

I would have thought that as you lose packing, airflow increases (hence the increase in sound).

And if airflow is increasing, the bike is "breathing" more, therefore the air/fuel mixture is becoming more lean.

In extreme cases (if the exhaust opened up completely) this could mess up your mixture completely, running lean can cause overheating.

(in theory... correct me if I'm wrong)