Omaha Dudes...

Well, we're out for the Winterset Enduro (for various reasons) ? . RV was still REALLY muddy this past Monday and I can't imagine it has dried all that much. With the impending rain tonight, it'll probably be relatively crappy.

Depending on the rains, I'm thinking RazorsEdge or Union on Saturday. I'll give RazorsEdge a call tomorrow to see how things held up after the rains. Actually, they have less of a chance of rain than Union does. We'll see..

Give it some thought guys.

What is it like to ride????If my bikes sit any longer I am selling them. Any one want to buy them? I have rode twice in 3 months. Between the new woman, my son, and a new rental property it has been tough.
Soooo, apparently someone is seriously p-whipped! Man, and I thought you were an independent dude!? :ride: You're not seriously thinking about selling are you? ? Make time, man! Just do it!

Soooo, apparently someone is seriously p-whipped! Man, and I thought you were an independent dude!? :ride: You're not seriously thinking about selling are you? ? Make time, man! Just do it!

We all get caught. I am still fighting, but she is winning. First girl I have meet in a long time I trust, scary. I am thinking about dumping one or two of then. Sebastian has no intrest in riding. I got all the time in the world during the week, but there is never anyone out. I am half crazy, but not stupid riding alone will bite a brother in the ass.

tt500blaster you're not getting off the hook that easy. Cough up some stories about your ride.

that pic was taken in july, sheps tranny locked up in 4-5 gear while i was jetting it on friday. my buddy had a couple of freinds come up on sat and they brought a spare bike yz 250. they were nice enough to let shep ride it.but they had their doubts on whether or not he could handle it, as did i . .we were all amazed how well he rode a big bike, we were not waiting for him at all.? lots of nasty rocks, logs, and hills. anybody want to buy a kx 100 ?

Well, I'm still trying to make the Winterset Enduro (this Sunday,) but if I don't, we'll probably do Union on Sunday...somewhere around the noon area.
Well, thanks to ejensen it looks like we'll be on our way to Winterset. He came through for me on the plates ? and I picked up some lights on the way home tonight. Everyone have a great weekend and be safe.

Aaaaaah...mostly sunny and 67 on Sunday. I can't wait!

We all get caught. I am still fighting, but she is winning. First girl I have meet in a long time I trust, scary. I am thinking about dumping one or two of then. Sebastian has no intrest in riding. I got all the time in the world during the week, but there is never anyone out. I am half crazy, but not stupid riding alone will bite a brother in the ass.
I understand. Life is full of changes. If you find a good girl, you need to stick with her. I've been with the same one for 23 years and don't intend on canning her anytime soon.

I kinda figured it was just a matter of time for Seb. He never seemed terribly into it. That's okay too! Dirtbiking isn't for everyone. I have my own doubts about Brad this year. He seems to be drifting a little more all the time away from it. I may have a "like new '02" on the sales block myself. We'll see on that one!

Well, maybe you could just get rid of Sebs and one of yours and keep the other one. You just never know. If she's that good of girl, she should understand you need a little dirt time.

No matter what...hope to ride again with you soon. I'm not ready to give it up!

Guys dirt bikes are an addiction, it grabs some and leaves others untouched. My oldest son (26) has no interest my youngest (20) loves it. The monkey got on my back in the California Desert in 1970 and has never left. It got my youngest at RV while riding a 1974 Honda XL250. When he removed his helmet

and I saw it in his face, I knew he had it bad.

I've met both of your sons and they are both good guys who enjoy hanging with the old man. Thats a good job in my book.

Well, thanks to ejensen it looks like we'll be on our way to Winterset. He came through for me on the plates ? and I picked up some lights on the way home tonight. Everyone have a great weekend and be safe.

Aaaaaah...mostly sunny and 67 on Sunday. I can't wait!

Looks like I might be able to get out for the enduro, but I was looking at the flyer and wondering what it meant by "License". Drivers or plates? You mention plates above...

if your wr still has it's headlight/ tail light on, I can help you with a plate. I'll be at winterset about 8:30 white full size chevy with a KTM 300 and 200. I'm putting my plate on my camel back/ backpack. From what I've heard most guys just put one on their chest protector. Plate are usually from a trailer or street bike, I can't see that many bikes actually "street" legal at these races.

• Like 1

if your wr still has it's headlight/ tail light on, I can help you with a plate. I'll be at winterset about 8:30 white full size chevy with a KTM 300 and 200. I'm putting my plate on my camel back/ backpack. From what I've heard most guys just put one on their chest protector. Plate are usually from a trailer or street bike, I can't see that many bikes actually "street" legal at these races.

Are you kidding!!! That would be awesome! ?

Headlight and taillight are on and in tact. With your plate I will be ready to rock!

I actually talked to Lowell (from the flyer) an hour ago and got "low down". He said (like you did), any plate will work; trailer, old street bike, expired, etc., but I don't have any... I could take the plates of my truck but that would probably be pushing it. :ride:

If you’re serious, I'll be there.

BTW, Lowell was out riding today, did the loop twice and said it was unbelievable. A couple of wet spots here and there but overall, a great tacky surface. He was actually disappointed that he wasn't going to get to ride tomorrow.

Anyway, this is me... but if you could just post a confirmation on your original offer it would be most appreciated, and I will be there.

CIMG0680.jpg

MMM0042,

I've got a plate waiting for you. See you around 8:30. One of these times when I'm back in Omaha, I'll hook up with you guys again. I havn't brought the bike down this year, the weather hasn't been decent the weekends I get back there.

Lowell is a good guy, I've ridden in Co with him before. Good thing he said expired plates. I've got 4 plates in my gear bag. 2 for NEdirtbikr and 1 for you. I'll have one left as a spare if need be.

That's the bad thing about being in the club that puts the race on. Club members have to work and can't ride the event.

Look for the white full size chevy truck with a 300 and 200. It probably has a MITRA club sticker in the window. See you in the morning.