Anyone buy bike from TN??

I am wondering if anyone has bought a bike from TN. I have found 2 dealers there offering great prices on last years model of bikes. They have an 07 CRF450R for $5554 (ad says no other fees, but will call tomorrow to confirm) at Abernathys. There is also an 06 CRF450R at Southern Powersports in TN listed for $5233.

I have yet to call and confirm these prices (will call tomorrow), but has anyone bought a bike from these dealers? Were there any hidden fee's or catches? Did the bike really cost what they advertise out the door?

I just want to know if anyone has had an experience with them before I spend $250 on gas and 22 hours in the car to pick up a new bike.

Thanks,

Miles

Taxes should be paid in your own state. I would do what you said and be sure to ask clearly. Get it in writing via email or fax of sales receipt stipulating out the door. I know people who have bought new at Abernathy's and other than they had to stand in line to see a salesperson because they were so busy they had no other complaints. I have read there prices and I will be visiting in the future if they sell what I'm looking for. I typically buy almost new used bikes. I'm cheap that way.

• Like 1

I bought a 06 CRF450R from Southern Honda Powersports back in January. I called the day before I went and confirmed the price and the time I would arrive. There wasn't a line or anything but it was in winter. The only hidden fee that the salesperson didn't tell me on the phone was a small fee of $3 for every $1,000 of purchase price, but that was only $15 total (not a big deal.) Just ask for the OTD price and tell them you need the final price in order to get a cashier's check or money order. My experience with Southern Honda was great. I traded in a 2 stroke and they gave me a fair price. I was in and out in about 30 -45 minutes.?

Most dealers won't take a title on trade unless your name is printed on the front. That means you came to Tx and paid sales tax and got a Tx title with your name on the front. If your only going to keep this bike one or two years I would pay the tax and get a Tx title. If your going to keep it like ten, I might not.

• 3 weeks later...