Sign in to follow this  

Like my hub and sprocket!?

The loctite on sprocket bolt thing must be for the new bikes?! I've never used loctite on any of my sprocket bolts and I've never had any come loose, They just don't make bikes like they used too anymore.

I haven't either. Screw them in tight and you should have no problems.

Bike neglect! haha J/k But as stated you should of noticed before they all came out....

I put blue locite on mine and torqued them down really tight. And I check them every so often.

ehh ive had worse just put a lil duct tape over it that stuff fixes everything

haha lol, i thnk im gonna do that to my broke pipe, not even joking either

No lock tight on your sprocket bolts will do that. that sucks but thats what happens when you don't take the right steps working on your bike.

i never used lock tight on the sprocket bolts for my crf450r, and i havent had any troubles...

Bolts were all there. Might have been loose though? I was in a rush that morning since im 17, work on my bike myself, and had to wake up at 6:15 in the morning, and make sure my girlfriend was happy. Thats a lot to do!!!!

Wait till you're 37, and you have to work on 4 bikes yourself, and have to wait up at 5:00am (after getting to bed at 1:30am) and help 3 kids get ready and then take them to school :thumbsup: That's when the only racing you'll get to do it racing to get somewhere and still be late.... And that's about the time when ALL your bikes explode at once! :ride:

All my sprocket bolts were in! Theyre not in the pics because i took them out by then. And i have used loc tite. Maybe the problem was that my back wheel wasnt straight? I dont know. But i didnt feel anything before it happened. Everything was smooth.

I've never even heard of all of them coming out. You HAD to feel something before that. They didn't all fall out at once.

Sorry to hear about your luck, but you should definitely take better care of your bike!

Not true. I had the same thing happen in early spring (didnt have loctite on there, but they were tight before I started to ride). No strange feelings/noise what-so-ever. I was just bouncing through the whoops and it felt like my chain fell off.

Thats one lesson thats expensive to learn, but you wont ever forget to check them again!

The loctite on sprocket bolt thing must be for the new bikes?! I've never used loctite on any of my sprocket bolts and I've never had any come loose, They just don't make bikes like they used too anymore.
All my sprocket bolts were in! Theyre not in the pics because i took them out by then. And i have used loc tite. Maybe the problem was that my back wheel wasnt straight? I dont know. But i didnt feel anything before it happened. Everything was smooth.

Here's the little known thing: The nyloc nuts wear off a bit of their plastic locking ring every time they are removed and replaced. On an item that has this much importance, replace the locking nuts EVERY time you remove them, and put a coat of red Loc-Tite on the threads during reassembly.

If you don't know already, find out what the torque specs are for these bolts, and torque them in a star pattern using a quality torque wrench.

Good Luck

lol the exact same thing happened to me, except it wasn't so funny at the time. My sprocket bolts were always coming loose on my CR125 and I suspect that every time I snapped the throttle on, it jerked the hub, until enough was enough. Luckily I was just doing some small supercross style jumps at low speed. How fast were you going? Did you wreck?

35cd28c1.jpg

damn thats some crazy stuff...uhhh what to i have to do to brake that?

i need an excuse for new set of hubs and sprockets :thumbsup:

I was in 2nd gear clicking into 3rd, which is fairly fast on the RMZ since its a 4speed. $530 for the rim hub and spokes, $55 for the sprocket, $50 for the chain guide, and i just noticed yesterday i need a new front sprocket too.

defiantly looks like loose sprocket bolt to me too, very expensive lesson, always check bolts after or before each ride it only take a few minutes. always thread lock sprocket and disc bolts.