An Open Letter to Carolina Adventure World

Well I can only think of 2 things.

1. GET THE MX Track finished or add some real jumps to the vintage track.

2. For those of us who can't make an easy pit stop leaning against a tree. Maybe some stratigically placed porta potties. If there are some then I didn't see one when I needed it last trip out. I have seen a lot of woman here compared to other places so I am sure I am not the only one who had the sudden need.

Well there you are! I was beginning to think you fell off the edge of the earth. Two very good points.

1. Yeah I really wish they would but now they seem much more interested in getting their go-cart track done. It's real shame too because I'm sure if they had a couple of worth while tracks many more would come to play. I hate the vintage track it's boring, no berms and blue lined!

2. This is a need even for the guys. Even we can't always use a tree.

Thanks for the input!

I'll add my 2 pennies worth...

Trail 19...since it's easy for quad riders to access, they ride it allot. The problem is they tear it to shreds with their gigantic tractor-lugged tires.

It's hardly a challenge for quad riders with reasonable skills...but it's intimidating for quad riders with only a little skill. They get stuck, they tear up the trail. When it's wet, the problem is magnified.

I'd like to see CAW make Trail 19 a Bike Only trail.:banghead:

Trail 4...this is the most popular trail at CAW due to it's length and varied terrain. The problem...again, is our quad-riding brethren with gargantuan earth-ripper tires. I understand there are sections of Trail 4 that are no longer fun to navigate because it's been mangled into hideous pits by inconsiderate actions or ignorant destruction.

Although banning quads from Trail 4 is appealing:thumbsup: ...it isn't practical:thumbsdn: . So...I'd like to see CAW staffers start strictly enforcing the "no aggressive tread" rules. After a good rain when the trails are gooey, quads should be verboten on certain sections of certain trails...or possibly even the entire trail.

I believe CAW has done a good job with concessions. Of course, I'd like to see them open the Welcome Center completely, stock basic motorcycle and ATV parts (I really could care less whether or not they carry ATV parts. I just wrote that to sound magnanimus...:busted: ), and finish the showers and potties.

OK...I think I'm done.

-Jay

I'll add my 2 pennies worth...

Trail 19...since it's easy for quad riders to access, they ride it allot. The problem is they tear it to shreds with their gigantic tractor-lugged tires.

It's hardly a challenge for quad riders with reasonable skills...but it's intimidating for quad riders with only a little skill. They get stuck, they tear up the trail. When it's wet, the problem is magnified.

I'd like to see CAW make Trail 19 a Bike Only trail.:banghead:

Trail 4...this is the most popular trail at CAW due to it's length and varied terrain. The problem...again, is our quad-riding brethren with gargantuan earth-ripper tires. I understand there are sections of Trail 4 that are no longer fun to navigate because it's been mangled into hideous pits by inconsiderate actions or ignorant destruction.

Although banning quads from Trail 4 is appealing:thumbsup: ...it isn't practical:thumbsdn: . So...I'd like to see CAW staffers start strictly enforcing the "no aggressive tread" rules. After a good rain when the trails are gooey, quads should be verboten on certain sections of certain trails...or possibly even the entire trail.

I believe CAW has done a good job with concessions. Of course, I'd like to see them open the Welcome Center completely, stock basic motorcycle and ATV parts (I really could care less whether or not they carry ATV parts. I just wrote that to sound magnanimus...:ride: ), and finish the showers and potties.

OK...I think I'm done.

-Jay

Shoot I wrote a long reply but my cat just deleted it:crazy: :busted: . Good points I'll be sure to add them.

+1 one on the tread rule. I emailed them about trail maintenance the other day (no response yet) and I'm not sure if I included it.

Although I'm not thrilled with ATV's turning some of the trails into their own personal mud bog, it's hard to inforce a rule if there was one about it. If it's going to happen then CAW needs to be more diligent about trail maint and not let it go for weeks in that condition. All that happens is people go around and the trails get wider and worse. Maybe a bike only section through those spots. Those Grand Canyon size ruts (and Hoppers mobile tree) are the reason for my current limp that's got me out for at least another week.

+1 one on the tread rule. I emailed them about trail maintenance the other day (no response yet) and I'm not sure if I included it.

Although I'm not thrilled with ATV's turning some of the trails into their own personal mud bog, it's hard to inforce a rule if there was one about it. If it's going to happen then CAW needs to be more diligent about trail maint and not let it go for weeks in that condition. All that happens is people go around and the trails get wider and worse. Maybe a bike only section through those spots. Those Grand Canyon size ruts (and Hoppers mobile tree) are the reason for my current limp that's got me out for at least another week.

Thanks Chicken I've added your comments to the ever growing list.

we aren't known for being the smart ones.

I'd like less ruts. I think Hopper feels the same after we had to leave the trail because the ruts were to deep to ride through. When we came back on a rut took his bike from him and stuffed his bike against a tree ruining his fender that had been on his bike for one whole half day of riding before it got destroyed.

we aren't known for being the smart ones.

I'd like less ruts. I think Hopper feels the same after we had to leave the trail because the ruts were to deep to ride through. When we came back on a rut took his bike from him and stuffed his bike against a tree ruining his fender that had been on his bike for one whole half day of riding before it got destroyed.

Okay I'll add rats to ruts!

Well there you are! I was beginning to think you fell off the edge of the earth. Two very good points.

I am still here just busy, back in school, Oldest son (12) moved in with me last Saturday. Nothing for him to ride yet so we are saving the riding money to get a quad for him (of course I will teach him proper trail etiquette).

I am still here just busy, back in school, Oldest son (12) moved in with me last Saturday. Nothing for him to ride yet so we are saving the riding money to get a quad for him (of course I will teach him proper trail etiquette).

Ah back in school:prof: , well that's cool and I can understand why, combined with another rider (without a ride:shocked: ), would decrease your CAW time:ride: . I'm sure you'll teach him the ins and outs of trail etiquette very well. You're not missing much a CAW right now anyway. It's a muddy mess that's just going to get worse before it gets better. Hope to see you on the trails soon.

The newest issue of ATV rider I can get my hands on (only dirt bike related mag I can get my hands on) has a write up on CAW in it. Things look like they are moving along pretty well. Cant wait to make a long weekend trip down there.

The newest issue of ATV rider I can get my hands on (only dirt bike related mag I can get my hands on) has a write up on CAW in it. Things look like they are moving along pretty well. Cant wait to make a long weekend trip down there.

Which months issue?

Thx

Better yet....teach him to ride the quad on 2 wheels.:busted::banghead:

You guys going riding at CAW tomorrow? Me and two friends are going....

Ruts or no ruts, trail 4 is great. It is a shame they don't enforce their own rules. Everyone coming in there has to stop at the main gate, it would be easy to turn around the guys with the tires that are too aggresive.