Oh man, I have a sickness.

Burned up a stator on my 300, but it got me thinking of a new bike. I was sold on the 530/535 or the husky but they aren't in the budget for a few more years. So I am sinking another $500 into the 300 and will get it back on the road. BUT, the suzuki dealer has DRZ's for 5700 OTD, I keep thinging of getting one as a back up/street/adventure bike.

Having wo purpose built bikes seems better(cheaper at this point) than having one do it all bike.

Anyone around redding on this board into d/s I might need some riding buddies.?

Damn motorcycles:bonk: .

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burned up a stator on my 300, but it got me thinking of a new bike. I was sold on the 530/535 or the husky but they aren't in the budget for a few more years. So I am sinking another $500 into the 300 and will get it back on the road. BUT, the suzuki dealer has DRZ's for 5700 OTD, I keep thinging of getting one as a back up/street/adventure bike.

Having wo purpose built bikes seems better(cheaper at this point) than having one do it all bike.

Anyone around redding on this board into d/s I might need some riding buddies.?

Damn motorcycles:bonk: .

At $5700 OTD you're only saving $1700 over what I paid for my 07 TE450 OTD. Sell your 300 buy the Husky and you've got one bike that does it all without making any comprimises. I still have my 300 but if I could only have one bike it would be the Husky hands down.

Now Zeke,

If you knew a KTM fixin' MoFo, I'll bet you could get that stator replaced for the cost of the part, and a pipe guard. :ride:

Thank God I know how to wrench. I love the look on my dealers face when he sees me coming! He's always so pissed! OEM parts and that's it! ?

Riding on the street is no biggie! They gotta catch me first!

Did the D/S thing; it has some problems.

Tires! What's good on the street is lousy in the dirt. What's good

in the dirt disappears quickly on the street. I really did not want a street

bike, I wanted a recreation bike that was legal on the pavement on some great back roads. I went pavement and dirt road exclusive but always found myself in with cars. SOLD IT! Love the two stroke!

If you think of a DRZ as a primary, you will hate it. KTM 300 great dirt bike, anything less you will despise. Husky--sure and legal. But llok at it as a plated dirt bike, these were some expensive lessons for me.

a DRZ is a Dog sled. You need a drink not a DRZ.

Now a 2008 TXC 450 is the ticket

2008 wolf

There is a new model, the TXC, which was designed and built originally for sale only in North America. The TXC is essentially a TC with an electric starter, an 18 inch rear rim, and a 6 speed transmission. This model came about by "popular demand" from from dealers and consumers. Interest is very strong on this new model which will be priced between the TC and TE.

http://www.husky.com.au/2008bikes/te450_2008_specs.pdf

sweeeetttt nesss

Your problem Zeke is you really ride offroad...You really need an offroad bike...Only d/s bike you would like is the KTM/Husky type...You're a good rider and can take any bike places its engineers never dreamed of...I say fix the 300 or get a street legal KTM/Husky...

I am keeping the 300, the drz would be a 2nd bike, back up if you will.

I can link hundreds(seriously) miles of trails and roads with approx 20 miles of back country roads in between.

I know the drz is a dog and a heavy pig but it seems to fit the bill.

No left over huskys in NOR CAL and the new one that I would want is only $300 less than the KTM. Ideally I will finance the bike for a short period of time then pay it off. The new ktm comes in november, $8500 msrp, plus 1000 in tax doc dmv etc, then $500 to 1000 to make it dirt worthy dual registration so I can remove street stuff for the dirt rides. Only having one bike that has too much shit on it for serious dirt riding, plus not having the oil capacity for longer street rides.

If I were to get another bike( a second bike) it would be street legal. Period, Why have two off road bikes?????

WHy have a 300 and a 525/530 and or 510??? They are to similar/

If I wanted off road only the decision would be easy upgrade the 300 to a newer year, red sticker doesn't really matter, other than at chappie, and I really don't ride there much during the summer.

the tc/te 510 is sweet and so is the 525 xc or xc-w butI already have a bike that I love that fills that void.

Your problem Zeke is you really ride offroad...You really need an offroad bike...Only d/s bike you would like is the KTM/Husky type...You're a good rider and can take any bike places its engineers never dreamed of...I say fix the 300 or get a street legal KTM/Husky...

What he said.?