Sign in to follow this  

2008 Crf 450's arrive saturday!!

I rode mine yesterday also and it is sweet!!! if i knew how to post pictures or movie clips i would of my ride. I'll start by saying my last bike was a 06' 450 and once i got on the08' instantly noticed that the handling was much better especially in tight rutted corners. I also dont know that i could feel the damper but they said it would help in the tight corners and the bike handles great there. The next best thing i like was the power delivery which was smooth and crisp but not to aggresive for me. So im sold on the bikes abilitys and i would incourage anyone else looking for a bike to pick one of these up.

*** you guys are killing me.

I just had a boy so now I'm strapped.

I still have an 03, wanted an 05 b/c it turned so much better.

Now you are saying this 08 is awesome and turns better than the 05.

I would have one if the thieves didn't already steal 4 bikes from me.

Well now I will dream of the 08.

I didn't really notice the steering dampener, I might try adjusting it to see what effect it has on handling. I bought my bike at Berkley Honda in Nor cal. Hope to ride it this week on another track.:thumbsup:

I think Honda added the stabilizer so that they could reduce the rake on the bike. This reduced rake is what makes the bike turn better in the tight stuff, and the stabilizer helps the bike keep its stability at higher speeds. If the bike turns under the older ones but is just as stable at higher speeds, then thats the stabilizer doing its job.

The weird thing is that honda says the stabilzer works after 3 degrees of handlebar turning for low speeds. But that would make sense for them to be able to bring the rake in and add stablilzer, But not change high speed control. That was my take on it.

Also, according to Honda, no EFI in 09 is planned. The cost vs. hp gains aren't there. Their test show the adding EFI to the current engine will make little or no difference to the HP output and only serve to add weight and increase the unit cost of the bike.

This one didn't pan out huh?