Fork Trouble on my 2006 YZ250F

I recently bought a 2006 yz250f. I noticed after i had bought it that one of the fork seals was liking. I got the seals replaced at a local shop, and then put the forks back on the bike. Went to the track and the suspension felt a little stiff so i adjusted the compression 3 clicks softer (as was advised by my racer buddy). It felt much better for the rest of the day (probably 1.5 of riding). When i took my bike out the track again (a week later) the suspension still felt good but they were acting weird, as i would come off a jump the suspension would like extend and then roughly stop, like if your suspension could "bottom out" when the suspension was extending. I really dont know how to explain it but it feels bad. I have my rebound set one click from all the way soft. Any ideas?

ALVEY

Hey,

i had a 06 yz250f and it is normal for these forks to top out with a slight clunk when they unload off a jump face or over whoops.

However i would suggest you return your rebound settings to stock or only maybe 1 or 2 clicks further out from stock as running your clickers almost all the way out on rebound will make the topping out feel worse + it must be making your handling a bit weird!

Hey,

i had a 06 yz250f and it is normal for these forks to top out with a slight clunk when they unload off a jump face or over whoops.

However i would suggest you return your rebound settings to stock or only maybe 1 or 2 clicks further out from stock as running your clickers almost all the way out on rebound will make the topping out feel worse + it must be making your handling a bit weird!

Normal ? I don't think so. Sounds like the forks where not bleed right. Mine where doing the same thing on my 07 yz250f. I had to tear them back down and re-bleed them. It stoped doing it after that.