Sign in to follow this  

Wet weight and LED blinker rate. Pic and vid.

I'd been meaning to post these for months, as I can remember searching for them a few times myself.

First off, with close to a full tank my DRZ is 319 lbs. Only major weight affecting mods would be the pipe, the rack, and the heavier SV650 headlight. Those stock mirrors weighed a ton however too. For whatever reason I thought it would be nice to see one actually on a scale. Originally it's an '06 SM.

drzweightsmall.jpg

You can see the weight in the upper right-hand corner if you click on the above image for a larger view.

And second, here's a quick vid of how fast my blinkers blink with LEDs from Wheeling WITHOUT any resistors or a flasher. I know I was curious what they looked like before I put my edge and blinkers on. I even had some gigant-o resisitors ready to go, but for me the blink rate didn't seem to be too obnoxious or abnormal. CLICK HERE for blinker vid.

I hope this helps somebody down the road. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 1

i guess mine is just under 300 the two extra gallons of gas weighs 14pounds good lookin bike you got there:ride:

I'd been meaning to post these for months, as I can remember searching for them a few times myself.

First off, with close to a full tank my DRZ is 319 lbs. Only major weight affecting mods would be the pipe, the rack, and the heavier SV650 headlight. Those stock mirrors weighed a ton however too. For whatever reason I thought it would be nice to see one actually on a scale. Originally it's an '06 SM.

drzweightsmall.jpg

You can see the weight in the upper right-hand corner if you click on the above image for a larger view.

And second, here's a quick vid of how fast my blinkers blink with LEDs from Wheeling WITHOUT any resistors or a flasher. I know I was curious what they looked like before I put my edge and blinkers on. I even had some gigant-o resisitors ready to go, but for me the blink rate didn't seem to be too obnoxious or abnormal. CLICK HERE for blinker vid.

I hope this helps somebody down the road. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Jonny, :thumbsup:

That is helpful to see your actual running weight. Your pipe probably saved you the most... about 7 pounds.

Your flash rate looks just fine to me. Are you running LED flashers both front and rear, or just on the rear?

Take Care,

Greg

05xt225Greg - That's part of why I posted the blink rate, cuz to me it seems AOK too. Before I put them on I got the impression from everything i read that they were gonna be blinking super-super fast. I wanted to let new mod'ers see how it looked in case they were hesitating to just slap on LED blinkers.

I have the same ones up front.

05xt225Greg - That's part of why I posted the blink rate, cuz to me it seems AOK too. Before I put them on I got the impression from everything i read that they were gonna be blinking super-super fast. I wanted to let new mod'ers see how it looked in case they were hesitating to just slap on LED blinkers.

I have the same ones up front.

Hey Jonny, :thumbsup:

Thanks for the blinker movie.:thumbsup: I notice that you have round blinkers. That particular model just ~might~ have built in resistors. I have the arrow blinkers from Forrest on the back only with the stock blinkers on the front, and they accelerated the blinker rate considerably.

Take Care,

Greg

Hmmmm. I guess that'd be interesting to find out. Mine are the 591's.

EDIT - It'd sure make my little vid less than helpful.

my 601's on the rear blink just like in the video and i run stock front signals. The blink rate is fine for me.

my 601's on the rear blink just like in the video and i run stock front signals. The blink rate is fine for me.

Hi Mike, :thumbsup:

Mine are too and the blink rate is also fine, albeit faster than stock blinkers front and rear.

The question is whether or not LED 601's front and rear would still blink properly like the 591's do.:thumbsup:

Take Care,

Greg

Ahh... you know what I am not sure if going with the led's all the way around will make it faster still... someone who has all leds care to chime in? :thumbsup: