Sign in to follow this  

Some one is selling a 2002 E on ebay -3 miles

I'd buy it and sell my S right now if that bike was within 500 miles of my house :thumbsup:. Look at the chain, tires, plastic and crank covers, I guarantee you the bike has under 100 miles on it! Plus it's a K model! I bought my S with 600 miles on it and it was pres-tine as well. The first time off roading my boots stained both side covers from just rubbing against them.

Fair enough? If you look at the start of this thread, no link was provided for the auction. You don't expect me to go log into eBay and search out the auction, before I pass judgment do ya? If so, you underestimate my laziness!

I did look at the auction now, and while the pictures look nice, pictures won't show the actual condition. I have seen many totally beat bikes that only showed their damage when inspected in person, because the pictures just didn't show enough detail to see all the dings, and scratches.

Looks like it could be a good deal... However, checking that eBay'ers feedback, they are well versed in PayPal reversals, chargebacks, and may be an eBay player. I would only buy that bike if I could inspect it in person. But, the seller doesn't want to "bother" with someone looking at the bike. HMMMM... :thumbsup:

I guess he just is eager to pay eBay and PayPal all those fees. Vehicle auction fees are not cheap. The final value fee is ridiculous. The number of Non-Paying Buyers in the vehicle, especially the motorcycle auctions, is astronomical, and eBay keeps the listing fees. It is not uncommon to have multiple non-paying buyers on vehicles.

Now, please explain... Why wouldn't this guy allow inspection in person? Too busy? Doesn't want to be bothered? Perhaps. However, after looking at all the clothing sellers he's had bad deals with, I would think twice. I'm pretty sure someone that buys lots of used clothing, would just give several hundred dollars worth the fees to eBay out of the goodness of his heart.

JMO, AS-IS, WHERE-IS, no warranty expressed or implied.

It's only water. I'm sure there's ships that come & go everyday.:ride:

I bet there are as well, probably only cost the same as the bike to get it here.

And then the import duty on top of that.

Not sure I want to pay £3500.00 + import duty, and then the VAT at 17.5%, and the VAT is payable on the value over here, not what it cost :worthy:

I could buy a brand new SM for less, and probably have enough left over for a big bore, FCR and a full Yosh Ti.

Neil. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

my brother bought a zero mile Road King when the guys wife said "me or the bike"

.....so the guys wife was named Road King", that is an odd name for a woman, I would of thought it would of been "Road Queen". Ahhh kids today......:thumbsup:

my brother bought a zero mile Road King when the guys wife said "me or the bike"

Man that guy made the wrong choice.... The Road King is much cheaper.... :thumbsup:

I would only buy that bike if I could inspect it in person.

Agree! The person does says to email him any questions. That would be my first question (where is the bike located and when can I see it). I have two Ebay accounts with a total of 300 transactions. I have 100 percent positive feed back and I've left negative feedback twice. Luckily for items under $20. I've bought 2 motorcycles on ebay. I've also sold two motorcycles on ebay. Anytime your doing a high dollar transaction get as much information as possible before the final transaction. I like to request the persons phone number and give them a call. Another thing I like to have is there work number. Once I have talked to the seller and have phone numbers I go on line and do reverse look ups on the phone numbers given me. The on-line address for the phone number should line up with where the seller said the item is located. Another thing to check is the vin number. Two months ago I bought my son's Katana out of the Denver post unseen. The seller was over 200 miles away from my house. The seller emailed me pictures. I sent the guy a $200 deposit and told him if it's in the condition you say it's in, I'll give you the remainder of the money when I arrive in one week. That was probably the riskiest transaction I've ever made. Although my son and myself are very happy with that purchase. Again I did some homework before I sent him the deposit.

Street Legal: If you want a street legal bike and live in California this would not be your bike. However in Wyoming I could make this street legal for $100 and once it was inspected I would remove everything I added except the BAJA Designs tail light. My stripped down S right now is not technically street legal (E headlight and Baja Designs LED Taillight, no mirrors, no horn, no blinkers, no reflectors etc). However it is licensed and insured. I've passed by many police officers and have never been pulled over. The key is to ride mellow on the streets until you get to your off road destination.

Again if I lived in the area I would do my home work and if everything checked good, I'd buy it and sell my S!

Just throwing in my 2 cents. I just bought a 2006 DRZ 400 E off ebay last week that was advertised as having less than 5 miles on it. I picked it up for $3500.00 and just received it a few days ago and it is exactly as described. Still has the little rubber things on the tires, no evidence of heat on the exhaust. Looks brand new. I felt like I got a good deal and was not misled. Just my 2 cents

And me, and it's KICKER :thumbsup:

Wonder what shipping to the UK would cost :ride:

Neil. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worthy:

Neil...you starting to get the Zed itch again?

I bought a 2004 DRZ400E with less than a mile on it back in April.

It was a leftover the guy bought at an auction. Rode it down his driveway and decided it was too much for him...

It is very easy to tell if a DRZ is new or not. Mine was and that one looks legit too.