Sign in to follow this  

Some one is selling a 2002 E on ebay -3 miles

A perfect example of what you get when you buy a used bike.

No one, and I mean absolutely nobody buys a bike, and then puts only 3 miles on it. Even the lamest, sissified squid will ride it for at least a couple hundred.

What you are seeing here is a bike that had a Trailtech Vapor or some such instrument cluster installed, while the factory unit was stashed in the rafters of their garage.

Of course, come time to sell the bike, they dust off the factory unit, and wha-la... A brand new, low mile bike to list on eBay.

Wise up.

btw i live in the bay area and if anyone is interested maybe i can find out where the guy is and check the bike out in person for you... see if it is in fact new with 3 miles...:thumbsup:

Looks like described from pics, he stated it was a crate bike. I don't know if I believe he only rode 3 miles on it though, but its low mileage.

As for the exhaust, the guy states he is in the polishing business for 20 years, then puts a polished exhaust on the pavement to get scratched.... smart.

Ive seen someone buy a new bike and load it in an enclosed trailer; take it home and never go riding on it and sell it back to the dealer a year later.

It's only a few miles, whats wrong with you :thumbsup:

At least you haven't got a bloody great pond in the way :ride:

Neil. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worthy:

It's only water. I'm sure there's ships that come & go everyday.:bonk:

I just sent him an e-mail.I only live a hundred thirty miles or so.I really like kickers.We'll see what kind of response I get.Any of you who read this,can you tell me what you think that bike is worth?

I live 20 minutes away from him. He said that he wants to hold of on in person showings until after the ebay auction was over. He also said that he had more pics.

Hmm maybe he figures it will definetely sell at that price so there isn't a need for him to potentially waste his time showing it?

I used to work in a Suzuki/Kawaski dealership in the 1980's. We had people all the time that would buy bikes put a few miles on them and that was it. Usually it involved someone one scaring the piss out of themselves when they open up the throttle for the first time. Then the would try to return it saying "it isn't anything like the Wards mini bike we had on the farm. They were the smart ones that knew their limits, we had a lot of wrecked bike that came back after 3 days too. So sad...

Wise up.

I'd buy it and sell my S right now if that bike was within 500 miles of my house :thumbsup:. Look at the chain, tires, plastic and crank covers, I guarantee you the bike has under 100 miles on it! Plus it's a K model! I bought my S with 600 miles on it and it was pres-tine as well. The first time off roading my boots stained both side covers from just rubbing against them.

Would make a good investment. Buy it now, either make it street legal (probably hard to do) or just hang on to it of a year and then resell it.

I know I could never do that. I would have it in the woods so fast....