Sign in to follow this  

Transmission Drain Plug and oil

I just had my 2006 450R re-assembled. The guy who is assembling it for me called and has asked me about Oil/transmission levels. Since I don't have a manual the sticky on this thread was very helpful.

He can't find a seperate drain plug or the transmission oil to ensure it is fully drained. I know it's an very dumb question but I am not with the bike to inspect it and I haven't owned an 06 CRF before. Any help to locate the drain plug would be appreciated greatly.

Also, Since I am in a foreign country I don't have access to "Honda Transmission oil". What I have available here is

Honda 4T (10-30) It says that it is suitable to run in two stroke transmissions. Will this work in my 450R?

Thanks.

the tranny drain is located right by the base of the shift lever on the left side of the bike (if you are sitting on it) Its kinda hidden my the shifter and the frame rail.

The oil drain is directly underneath the middle of the shifter. The tranny and engine should both be 12mm bolts.

Tranny bolt is 12mm, engine bolt is 10mm (I'm pretty sure.) Use a full quart of oil in the tranny. See picture for bolt locations.

oilchange011copyhz1.jpg

• Like 1

Wow! Thanks for the effort of posting a picture...very considerate indeed.
No problem. Actually, that was a copy of a picture originally posted by Agent_Smith. Glad it'll help you.

Also, Since I am in a foreign country I don't have access to "Honda Transmission oil". What I have available here is

Honda 4T (10-30) It says that it is suitable to run in two stroke transmissions. Will this work in my 450R? Thanks.

Didn't see this part of the post. I use RotellaT 15W40 in both engine and tranny. Not sure if Rotella is available where you are, but maybe you could find something comparible?

The guy who rebuilt your engine couldn't figure out how to change the oil? ***? Maybe I read wrong.
Yeah...I saw that too and was thinking...HUH? But, I figured I must have misunderstood something. :thumbsup: