my xr80 project complete!!!!! well almost....

well im new here but i thought i would start off by showin off me recently finished project!!!? it started out as a 1998 xr 80 i picked up for 300 bucks and about 1900 later its a sik pit bike....has an 81 cr80 front end(rebuilt it of course:prof: ) on it took out the rear linkage and fabbed up the swingarm kind of like the bbr swing arm put new shock on the rear....lets see powdercoated the frame and rims up dated from the old square looking plastics seat and tank to the 01-03 stuff added sum bars and graphics....put big gun pipe and rev box on anf made my own K&N air filter set up.....misc stuff put a rear tire on front(works bitchen in the sand!!!? ) new graphics and modified a pair of IMS pro pegs to work for the bike.....

gunna now put the powroll 95 BBk on it with a cam and valve springs and i think after that go have sum fun!!!!!

im gunna put sum pics up in the next couple a days and let me kno wut you think!!!?

BOZZ

well im new here but i thought i would start off by showin off me recently finished project!!!? it started out as a 1998 xr 80 i picked up for 300 bucks and about 1900 later its a sik pit bike....has an 81 cr80 front end(rebuilt it of course:prof: ) on it took out the rear linkage and fabbed up the swingarm kind of like the bbr swing arm put new shock on the rear....lets see powdercoated the frame and rims up dated from the old square looking plastics seat and tank to the 01-03 stuff added sum bars and graphics....put big gun pipe and rev box on anf made my own K&N air filter set up.....misc stuff put a rear tire on front(works bitchen in the sand!!!? ) new graphics and modified a pair of IMS pro pegs to work for the bike.....

gunna now put the powroll 95 BBk on it with a cam and valve springs and i think after that go have sum fun!!!!!

im gunna put sum pics up in the next couple a days and let me kno wut you think!!!:worthy:

BOZZ

how long is the linkage ?and how big are the holes will it fit on an xr100r do you know??

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff81/bozz89/

here they are let me kno if it works and wut you think...remember this bike stared as a 1998 xr80 you know all squared off with the square tank and seat...lot diff. now....still more to com also just changed the sproket to a 15front and 36 rear....

also if any body knows the bike started a day ago and know i kik it and kik it and nothing idk if there is a short or the bike isn't getting fuel it has plenty of spark tho....THANKS!

we got it started... and it ran like total crap, literally wouldnt go at all. the only time it ran good is when you could get it to wind up and hold the throttle wide open. rode it for a few minutes and got so hot it melted the side panel. mind you, it only ran for about 5 minutes. when it dies its a bitch to start up again. took the plug out and it was completely black, one of the blackest plugs of ever seen. made sure it still had spark and only sparks every few kicks. not sure what is wrong with the bike seeing as it ran great a few days before... anybody got any advice?

not sure what is wrong with the bike seeing as it ran great a few days before... anybody got any advice?

Your bike is badass looking - I have an '01 XR80, but I want one that looks like that!

Start with the easy stuff. Change the plug. Take the carb off and inspect it. Make sure a jet didn't fall out. Blast out all of the passages with spray carb cleaner than blow out everything with an air compressor.

JC

Check your float valve and float level. It sounds like you are getting too much gas (the float valve is not closing properly). At high rpm the gas burns off, at low rpm it floods the engine. Replace the plug as well, it is spent. Be sure to get the correct one.

hey johnk408 the shock is from a company called fast ace at first i thought it might not work but i am very pleased with it....it measures 10.5 inches from eye to eye but remember i have no linkage any more and the ride height has changed 4 inches with a little bit of fabrication....

plus the shock has a 1000 pound spring rating on it...works bitchin and the front end does very well too....put a rear tire on the front and (when the thing runs) goes real good in the sand!!!

hey johnk408 the shock is from a company called fast ace at first i thought it might not work but i am very pleased with it....it measures 10.5 inches from eye to eye but remember i have no linkage any more and the ride height has changed 4 inches with a little bit of fabrication....

no linkage:crazy: