Sign in to follow this  

Clear Creek Closures & Public Meetings

Clear Creek public meetings

Something is about to go awry, BLM is doing some screwy things. Please try to show up to at least one meeting if possible. For those that don't know, Sawmill road and some other routes have been closed during the dry season closure with out a public comment period. It would be nice if someone would ask the question, "now that it has rained, why is CCMA still under a dry season closure?"

Another Clear Creek Planning Process: The BLM has announced another round of planning for Clear Creek. The BLM plans to prepare a new Environmental Impact Statement and will start the process by holding three scoping meetings later this month and early in October. Here is the schedule:

All public meetings will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. The date and location of each meeting are listed below:

September 27 - Veterans Memorial Hall

649 San Benito St.

Hollister

October 4 - Harris Ranch Garden Ballroom

24505 W. Dorris Ave.

Coalinga

October 11 - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library Room 225

150 E. San Fernando St.

San Jose

I hope everyone reading this can make it to at least one meeting. The last meeting I went to at Harris Ranch, I was the only OHV guy in attendence from Fresno County / Central Valley. I hope this is not the case again, we need to have a lot of people show up to these meetings to support OHV use.

Thanks for the response Super, I was starting to think nobody was reading the thread. We need people to show up to the Harris Ranch meeting (I-5 and hiway 198), the last time I was there very few OHV people showed up but the enviro's were there, one of which is on the California OHV commission. He talked like he a member of the OHV community then suggested major trail closures. I was shocked! After the meeting I went to talk with him, turns out he is a card carrying member of the Audubon Society, much like Sierra Club. He told me his goal was a silent forest without the sound of off-road vehicles. This is the guy that decideds where our green sticker money goes. The commission has been using a lot of our money for enviromental projects, not trail building and maintenence. They do this quietly through the grant process, this is why people need to show up to meeting to find out what is really going on.

I really want to encourage people from the Central Valley to attend the Harris Ranch meeting. There are a lot of us that use CCMA but there is usually little or no presence from the valley at the public meetings. This would also be a good time to ask BLM about the Jayne/I-5 closure. I was told that the BLM was going to look into finding somewhere to replace that area, that was several months ago. The sqeaky wheel gets the oil!

How long does it take to get out there from fresno? I haven't been out there for years and forgot how long it takes. I dont get off work untill 5pm in fresno,have to make sure I could make it.

How long does it take to get out there from fresno? I haven't been out there for years and forgot how long it takes. I dont get off work untill 5pm in fresno,have to make sure I could make it.

If you take hiway 145 south from Madera it is about an hour drive. You can take 145 south to Five Points. From there continue south (the road south is hiway 269) until you get to hiway 198. Make a right turn and go west on 198 about 5 miles. Harris Ranch is on the left just before you get to I-5. From Firebaugh or Mendota take Hiway 33 south until you get to I-5, take I-5 south to the 198 offramp. Make a left (east) and Harris Ranch is on the right just past the gas station. From Fresno, take hiway 41 south to 198. Take 198 west until you get to Harris Ranch, it is way down the road. You have to go past the four-way stop at 198/269 to get to the meeting. I look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting.

Coalinga meeting is tomorrow night and San Jose next Thursday!

I really want to encourage people from the Central Valley to attend the Harris Ranch meeting. There are a lot of us that use CCMA but there is usually little or no presence from the valley at the public meetings. This would also be a good time to ask BLM about the Jayne/I-5 closure. I was told that the BLM was going to look into finding somewhere to replace that area, that was several months ago. The sqeaky wheel gets the oil!
How about this place http://origin.mercurynews.com/valley/ci_6806059 I have been here on my mtb This place is bigger than Clear Creek

The san Jose meeting is this coming Thursday evening at the Martin Luther King Jr. Library starting at 6PM