Sign in to follow this  

06 yz250 forks on an 05 yz250

So i just picked up a left over new 05 yz250 last night from a local dealership about a mile from my house. Ive been looking around alot on the forums which a friend of mine told me about a couple days ago and it seems like the big change from the 05-06 250 was the forks. Is it possible to put 06 forks on an 05. If so where can they be purchased at, how much would i be looking to pay and how much work is it to replace the 05 forks with the 06 ones.. Any help would be great Thans.

Yes they will work. I would just get the 05 forks revalved. If you can find a set of 06's cheap then I would get them but if not just revalve the 05. I just did my 05 and I love them they are set up for woods. I had fcr do them.

After owning an '05 with lots of fork work done and now an '07... The new fork is better by miles even in stock form... If you find a cheap set, BUY THEM.. Anything under 1000 $$ is cheap.... You can work the 05 fork and make it perform, but the new KYB (Showa copy) is far superior.. IMHO

:thumbsup: