Sign in to follow this  

Who's still riding a '02 to '04 450?

I've got mine! I like it just as well as my '05 (although the '05 bike does like the inside line a little better)

I've still got my 03...great bike with lots of goodies...Best improvement by far was to add 22mm clamps and a steering damper....Now, she cuts on a dime.

I do have to admit that my buddy CamP has me thinking about one of those new 2006 models for 4699.00 OTD, though....Bastidge !

the newest bike i can ride is a 2002. :thumbsup: like my 2002 is sooo much more environmentally friendly than a 2003.

I am still riding my 03. It is set up for trails I don't see a good reason to get a new one. There is nothing on a 08 that I can't live with out. If I was riding MX and was super competitive that would be a different story.

I have an 04 with very low hours on it that I am selling if your interested.

Found an '07 cheap otherwise would still be on my '04.It ran great and I had 2 sets of suspension.

the newest bike i can ride is a 2002. :thumbsup: like my 2002 is sooo much more environmentally friendly than a 2003.

Yes you are correct.:thumbsup: The 2003 is a red sticker bike and not as enviromently friendly as the green sticker 2002:rolleyes: :thumbsup:

'04 here. I've never ridden anything newer so I probably don't know what I'm missing! My last bike was a 94 CR500, now I have the '04 CRF. I guess it's 2014 for me!! I'm sure they will have the FI sorted out by then. ;-)

Still have my 04.

New valves and some other mods and it runs great!!

Looked at an 08 but decided to keep my 04 for a few more years. Oh hell, I will most likely keep it for a spare when I decide on a new CRF.

P.S. I smoked a 07 WR450 to the top of 5th a few weeks ago. 04's make good power!:thumbsup:

Still racing my '03. Had to revalve it at the start of the year and its still going strong. Got a full Doma system on it and it will easily keep with new bikes.

Wondering about changing it for next season though but not sure whether to keep it another year or see if I can get my hands on a new '06.

With the release of the '08 CRF450, I'm just wondering who is sticking with their '02-'04 Gen 3 framed CRF450?

I'm thinking about updating the plastic but have decided to hang on to my '03 for at least another year.

Anyone else?

no plans yet on selling my 2003 crf450....still going strong :thumbsup:

'04 here. I've never ridden anything newer so I probably don't know what I'm missing! My last bike was a 94 CR500, now I have the '04 CRF. I guess it's 2014 for me!! I'm sure they will have the FI sorted out by then. ;-)

I did something similar. I raced my '94 CR500 until '02 when I bought a CRF450 in the crate.

I later sold it but was so miserable that I bought a like-new '03 CRF450 two weeks later and that's the bike I still have. :thumbsup:

Great to hear that so many feel the same about their '02-'04's as I do about my '03. :thumbsup:

I finally retired my '04 two weeks ago. If it wasn't for the fact that a dealer was blowing out 06's for $4799, I would still be riding it.

Camp if I remember correctly your a larger framed individual......how does the smaller and skinner '06 feel to you. That is only reason that I have stuck w/ the '04 so far. I am seriously considering a '07-'08 KX450F because it feels roomy stock like the CRF'04 and should not be hard to adjust to fit a larger frame.

theDogger

Camp if I remember correctly your a larger framed individual......how does the smaller and skinner '06 feel to you. That is only reason that I have stuck w/ the '04 so far. I am seriously considering a '07-'08 KX450F because it feels roomy stock like the CRF'04 and should not be hard to adjust to fit a larger frame.

theDogger

Yeah, I'm 6'-5", 205 and mostly legs. I really loved my 04 but it was getting long in the tooth. I'll be riding the new bike for the first time tomorrow so I'll know then if it was a good move.

I'm still on my 2002 450R. I love it. When I get tired of it, I change the plastics out to one of my other sets... black, white, red.... Then its a new bike again..