Sign in to follow this  

Who's still riding a '02 to '04 450?

With the release of the '08 CRF450, I'm just wondering who is sticking with their '02-'04 Gen 3 framed CRF450?

I'm thinking about updating the plastic but have decided to hang on to my '03 for at least another year.

Anyone else?

I finally retired my '04 two weeks ago. If it wasn't for the fact that a dealer was blowing out 06's for $4799, I would still be riding it.

Still riding my 02.....suspension and top end recently done. I use the CRF pretty much for SoCal desert riding and love it.....just eats up the whooped out sand sections, and everything else, like there is no tomorrow. Set up with skid plate, large IMS tank, Scott's damper, SS brake lines, PMB kickstand....etc., etc. Also own an 06 Husqvarna TE510 (plated)....love the loads of torque and power delivery!!!

I still ride my 2003! This will probably be my last season on it though. I'm most likely gonna pick up one of the new ktm 450's next year. However, i will still keep my CRF450r.... use it as a spare bike or let my buddies learn to ride on it (or maybe not :evil: )

I sold my 04 to buy an 07 last April. I wish I would have kept the 04, not because the 07 is worse but because that bike worked well for me and it would be nice to have the spare. I thought I would get more money for it but I ended up getting $2700 (pretty stock except new C&Ss, plastics, and spark arrestor). I pulled the Clark 3.2G tank and SDG "tall" seat off of it so I could sell them but they are still on my garage floor.:thumbsup: (if anyone is interested please PM me).

In summery, keep the bike I don't think you will regret it.

JW

I just bought an 03 CRF450. The price was right and since my 250 is set up solely for off-road I thought it would be a good bike to take to the track when I go. I really like it and havent had any problems with it.

Still On My 04 For Now.cant Get Rid Of It , The Bike Is Great.

Question? I Know Im A Liitle Late On This Topic But When And/are They Even Going To Come Out With A Fuel Injection Crf.

I still have my '02 CRF450, but I've been trying to sell it. If it doesn't sell soon, I may just keep it. It's too nice of a bike to just give away.

Im still riding my 04, not alot these days but it still runs great.

With the release of the '08 CRF450, I'm just wondering who is sticking with their '02-'04 Gen 3 framed CRF450?

I'm thinking about updating the plastic but have decided to hang on to my '03 for at least another year.

Anyone else?

your bike is super clean , I dont blame you for holding on to it , Im keeping my 04 too :thumbsup:

your bike is super clean , I dont blame you for holding on to it , Im keeping my 04 too :thumbsup:

Thanks. I'm still loving that MRD low-boy header too! :thumbsup:

Well, dang, I don't feel so bad about keeping the '03 seeing how many are hanging on to their old steeds. That's awesome! :thumbsup:

Im not sure Id be any faster on a newer one, so I'll just keep my 03 for now. Not that I ride it much anymore...I think the last time I rode was May...and it'll probabaly be a while too...way too much on my plate right now...

Still have my 02 with 22mm clamps. Plenty of grunt and will carve up a hard flat corner. Just as well keep it, can't get much for it anyway.:thumbsup:

That's a good point, maybe we're on to something. Keepem' until they ain't worth squat and then keep them even longer. :thumbsup:

Im still riding my '03. Just put some new plastics/graphics on it and sent head down 22 hours ago by RHC and I did a top end. Still rides good so I"m happy.:thumbsup: