Xrl puffin blue on deaccelaration

Ive stripped a fair few XR/XL engines and never had a problem with guides. I find the exhaust valves wear, the valves faces wear but overlal cam wear and rocker wear usually the limiting thing.

Fitting Kibblewhite guides/valves should make no difference to service intervals, you will still need to check valve pocketing and cam wear no matter how good the parts are.

I find my race motors smoke quite bit on start up but settles down once run upto temperature. Think its prob'ly the fairly generous side clearances on the 102.4mm wiseco.

Worth bearing mind that you can get oil pumping down the valve guides on high lift cams, but not generally a problem until you go to the extreme 12mm+ lift cams that megacycle do.

did you stick with the stock oil tube from the cyl head to the case?

I run a HEL swaged braided line from the case to the head, the flow limiter is the banjo and bolt holes, I changed it since I dont like the kinks in the original Honda item.

I can get more lines if anyone requires one. Postage from the UK might be cost prohibitive tho??

I think the ideal is a transparent tube so you can check oil flow very easily!

I run a HEL swaged braided line from the case to the head, the flow limiter is the banjo and bolt holes, I changed it since I dont like the kinks in the original Honda item.

I can get more lines if anyone requires one. Postage from the UK might be cost prohibitive tho??

I think the ideal is a transparent tube so you can check oil flow very easily!

limiter come with the hose? Yes i'd be interested in one. can you give a cost maybe?

what I mean is that the holes in the banjo bolts are as per the original item so even if the hose is bigger bore then it wont flow differently to the original Honda Part. Ive had no issues with my line on the race engine.

I will get a price for one....and post a pic

what I mean is that the holes in the banjo bolts are as per the original item so even if the hose is bigger bore then it wont flow differently to the original Honda Part. Ive had no issues with my line on the race engine.

I will get a price for one....and post a pic

i thought so but wasnt sure, ok. thanks.