KTM 690 Enduro released

I just stumbled upon this on KTM's website: http://www.ktmusa.com/690-Enduro.68.20.html?&detailview=1&cHash=3ecc6f5f80

After checking out the specs, it still doesn't stack up against the XR650R. The KTM 690's listed dry weight is 28lbs heavier, it has about 2 inches less suspension travel 0.2" less ground clearance. Can someone remind me again what is so dated about the 650R? There is no other 600cc plus machine out their that can match the 650R's specs that I know of except the Husaberg FE650 (240 lbs). I'd still rather have the Honda 650R on my long adventures over a Husaberg (or KTM) any day.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just stumbled upon this on KTM's website: http://www.ktmusa.com/690-Enduro.68.20.html?&detailview=1&cHash=3ecc6f5f80

After checking out the specs, it still doesn't stack up against the XR650R. The KTM 690's listed dry weight is 28lbs heavier, it has about 2 inches less suspension travel 0.2" less ground clearance. Can someone remind me again what is so dated about the 650R? There is no other 600cc plus machine out their that can match the 650R's specs that I know of except the Husaberg FE650 (240 lbs). I'd still rather have the Honda 650R on my long adventures over a Husaberg (or KTM) any day.

I can not figure out why people say the XR650R is out dated for its class. Like you mentioned, what bike is in the class that is better?:confused:

It should be a good rig though.

Advertised weight is always off the mark. WWW.srcinc.net/html/101-103.html

so 283 + oil and water for the BRP.So about 292 fluids no fuel.

But the KTM claimed weight is 138.5 or 305ish is wrong i know for real that this bike is 152kg or 331lb fluids no fuel .

So Honda's claimed though wrong is still way lighter then the KTM claimed.

Not fuel injected is it?10 inches each end,not for me.

I can not figure out why people say the XR650R is out dated for its class. Like you mentioned, what bike is in the class that is better?:confused:

Seriously, what is so dated about a power full, reliable 650cc liquid cooled motor sprinkled with mag parts? Full aluminum frame? ....I use to ride a klr650... now that bike was an old dog that was VERY dated... klr's great bike though :confused:

See the color the pipe is running they're using leaded fuel the bass terds.

It's a good color though.

Not really sure what you mean...they were running leaded fuel? what are the advantages of that?

Can someone remind me again what is so dated about the 650R? There is no other 600cc plus machine out their that can match the 650R's specs that I know of except the Husaberg FE650 (240 lbs). I'd still rather have the Honda 650R on my long adventures over a Husaberg (or KTM) any day.

You failed to mention the te610...most riders who have ridden both seem to prefer the Husky, at least when it comes to a dirtbike :confused:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524955&highlight=te610+vs+xr650r

You failed to mention the te610...most riders who have ridden both seem to prefer the Husky, at least when it comes to a dirtbike :confused:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524955&highlight=te610+vs+xr650r

I just had a 07 TE610. I bought it a little bit after my first XR650R. I'm back on an 06 XR650R now and SOLD the 610 at a very good price. Enough said.:confused: Right back at ya.

The only thing dated about the XR650R is the date it self.

Seven years young and no changes at all except for clutch bush and graphic's.

The KTM LC-4 motor is no where as good as the 650R motor.

KTM having been trying for over 10 years to get it as good as the Honda motor and there still not there.

All the other 6?? motors just don't last as long as the 650R motor.

The thing i think about is the 650R is in its last year of being sold in the US.

And if Honda do replace it.

It has to be better than the 650R.

Man will it be a great bike

The TE610 weighs 305lbs, 28lbs more than a 650R-and it is only 576cc's. Didn't feel it was necessary to mention it. :confused:

http://www.husqvarnausa.com/

I believe the rear wheel horse power is the same if not greater than the xr...with less cc's. Also, better suspension & brakes. :confused:

I am sure the XR is good for some thing :confused:

I believe the rear wheel horse power is the same if not greater than the xr...with less cc's. Also, better suspension & brakes. :confused:

You're missing the point. I could say the same thing about a CRF450X. The TE610 still gives up 28lbs to the XR. It better have at least the same horsepower to move all that weight. As I said earlier, show me a 600cc plus machine that can match the XR's specs.

How many Baja 1000's has the TE won? The XRR is good for a few things, like giving the parts/service department at HONDA a lot of down time...............

I just had a 07 TE610. I bought it a little bit after my first XR650R. I'm back on an 06 XR650R now and SOLD the 610 at a very good price. Enough said.:confused: Right back at ya.

Husky123, it's cool that you have owned both. What are the stronger points, in your opinion, of the XR650R vs TE610, and vice versa? Does the 610 really feel 28lbs heavier? What about suspension differences?

Husky123, it's cool that you have owned both. What are the stronger points, in your opinion, of the XR650R vs TE610, and vice versa? Does the 610 really feel 28lbs heavier? What about suspension differences?

The link I provided had people who have owned both or ridden both. Isnt the XRR lacking electric start?

I am just giving you guys a hard time....ride on!