Sign in to follow this  

Bar risers & cable problems.

Guy's,

Having read through a number of threads, I've fitted some bar risers (25mm / 1") to help out my ride position as I'm 6'3".

My problem now, is that my throtle cables are way to tight on full right lock!

I've tried all-sorts of routes for the cables, with no sucess. I just can't find enough slack to accommodate the new bar hight.:confused:

Has anyone else had this problem??

WR G.

or just spend the $10 and buy a new throttle cable from motion pro. the last thing you want to happen is turn a little to tight and have the throttle whiskey on you

throtle cables are way to tight on full right lock!

do you have the throttle rotated forward as much as possible?

Run the cables up between the fuel tank and the handelbars like a KTM has them. if it makes sense.

Don't thread them between the fork tube and the frame. just bring them straight up from the front of the tank and rotate the throttle to the back(rider side) of the bars. This works a trat and have been racing with mine like this for 2 years with no drama's:applause:

Run the cables up between the fuel tank and the handelbars like a KTM has them. if it makes sense.

Don't thread them between the fork tube and the frame. just bring them straight up from the front of the tank and rotate the throttle to the back(rider side) of the bars. This works a trat and have been racing with mine like this for 2 years with no drama's:applause:

BTW, do you have a pictures that show this? Sounds a good idea since the fork tubes always pitch the cables when at almost full steering lock.

actually, having just ordered a custom set of cables they are about $60 for custom ones.....just throwin that out there....

If you're running stock width bars, cut them down some---I have mine at 29-1/2 inches with bar clamps that elevate the bars 1-1/4 inch and have no issues with the throttle cables.

Guy's,

Thanks for your input.

I've ordered some custom cables (+2")

This should let me play with various positions without further problems..

WR G.