Supermoto DR 650 SE

I switched from honda wheels to a set of first gen SV front and rear wheels, the rear fits into a stock swingarm with a 160 rear tire... the wheel itself is unmodified, except for new bearings and spacers. The cush drive had to be modified and now I run a sealed outer bearing on the cush drive instead of an open bearing and seperate seal... Will post pictures soon. Still have a bit of final touches to do to the bike.

Can't wait for the pics & details of what was needed to modify the cush drive.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a pair of Gs 500 rims on ebay this winter,complete with Dunlop tires on it. They came from an 2005 gs500. Nice wheels ,black. I only had to change the bearings to get them fit the rmz 250 inverted fork. The only thing missing and i am still looking for it is the front gs disc brake.Also bought a drz 400 e rear shock with ajustable rebound damping. SO all kind of wheels can be fit with a little bit of imagination.

• 2 weeks later...
Here are some pics, I will get some action shots this weekend at a local track day.

Now if I can just spruce up the rest of the bike...

Now we just need instructions, so we can build our own. So you didn't have to screw with the rear brake to sprocket spacing or anything like that? Where did you get the specific bearings you used?

• 1 month later...

just wanted to pass along my supermoto experience. i purchased a 2004 dr 650 june 7th from a super nice cop from roswell ga. on june 16th i was riding what you see in the photos. east coast wheels had the laced excel rims in stock with stock dr hubs, $1084 shipped. procycle had the fmf head pipe and HRS 40mm mikuni in stock for $617 shipped. webcams had a hardweld cam in stock $213.34 (+ core charge). dennis kirk had the rest, continental road attack tires 150/70zr17 rear, 120/70zr17 front, renthal bars, acerbis supermoto handgaurds & front fender, moose aluminum throttle tube, fmf q pipe, k & n oil and air filters, mobil one oil, $960 in stock and shipped. thanks to ebay for selling all the stock take off items for $825 to get some of the money back.

still needs fork springs and race tech gold valve kit for the forks, short dr kickstand, drz-400 sm speedometer drive, kouba link (maybe), stainless brake lines and the EBC supermoto front brake rotor kit #sm-6094 if i can ever find anyone that stocks it.

everything bolted on in less than 6 hours including several interruptions. everything fit like it was supposed to ( the rear tire is as large as i would want to try). the speedo is 10 or so mph off because of the tire size but with the stock gearing it is time for 5th gear at 100mph and is still pulling strong a 115 (indicated) mph. at this time i have the same or less money in the 650 than i would in a nice used stock drz-400sm and it still would not be nearly as good of a bike (i bought a new 2006 drz-400sm and sold it on ebay with 2.7 miles on it, gutless, my lawnmower has more power 2 rides around the block was enough for me).

east coast wheels and procycle were lots of help and i will be shopping with both again in the future.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm90/moto10man7/dr%20650%20supermoto/IMG_2265.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm90/moto10man7/dr%20650%20supermoto/IMG_2268.jpg

the EBC supermoto front brake rotor kit #sm-6094 if i can ever find anyone that stocks it.

I talked with a few companies trying to get one of these. Parts Unlimited and Tucker Rocky do not distribute this item. If you want to get one you have to have it ordered from someone who deals directly with EBC. I still have not found anyone that can get it for me.

EBC probably is wondering why they have a shelf full of these rotors and are not selling any... Don't bother trying to contact EBC. They don't have phone numbers listed on their website and they don't respond to questions submitted through their web site. Why do they make it so difficult when people are lining up to give them money?

i checked with our local cycle gear store in knoxville tn on wednesday. the guy called a phone number he found for ebc and they told him it was not yet imported into the us. i guess i can wait or try to find someone in japan or europe that will ship one to me.

i have searched the international sites on ebc's webpage and still haven't found anyone selling the rotor. i sent ebc an email but haven't heard anything yet. they could probably sell 40-50 of them on here right now if they would just release the stupid thing.

EBC does list the 320mm Oversize Super-Moto kit, part number SM6094.

However, it will be 3 month's, or so, before we have this kit available, so we are looking at late September at best, most likely mid to late October...

EBC is still designing the Caliper Bracket for this Suzuki DR650 320mm SM Rotor Kit

Garry Gallagher

EBC Brakes US Tech & Racing

20314 131 CT NE

Woodinville, WA. 98072

Phone (425) 485-7610

Fax (425) 486-3001

www.ebcbrakes.com

^^^ I hope they do come out w/ this kit. I was the one that first posted here about it being released. A couple months ago I tried to follow up w/ my orginal source at EBC, and he told me that they were NOT going to produce it anymore ?

I hope the above information is actually correct. But... they had originaly told the that the mounting bracket was already complete and ready to go. So at this point I guess I will believe it when I see it.