Michelin M12/S12 Tire Combo

OK all, I searched on this and the opinions/answers are all over the board. I am looking at getting the following combo:

M12 80/100/21

S12 120/100/18

For anyone who has experience with these.... will these match up with what I have now? (stock tires) I wouldn't mind a little bigger either. Anyone have opinions on these?

Thanks,

Mike

Hey, For the rear I would get the 130/80-18. I know the 120/100 is the replacement size for the stock tire, but it still appears thinner than the stock Dunlop. I'm now running the 130 and like it more. Seems to be same width as stock and the knobs are bigger than the 120.

I didn't care for the M12 up front. I run the S12 and grips better for me where I ride. Soft dirt, mud and some sand.

My wepon of choice is always the S12 (on the back). It's got more grip than a tax man!!

However, I've found the 18 / 100/ 100 works very well on the 250X. I like the way the thinner tyre spins up quicker than the 120, especially in mud/sand, and once the backend lights up, it's fun time..

The last thing I want on a low power motor (there, I said it!!) is too much bite (bite can = bog).

On my WR450 I use a 120, and on my XR650 I go with the 130 (no bog issues here)

WR G.

I did not like the S12 on the front of my 05 250X. I loved the dunlop 742F that came on it. Now I run a Bridgestone 401 90x100x21 and I think it's the best for me so far. It's a little wider than the 80x100x21 of course and it seems like I can lay it over farther in the turns. I think this may be because it has a wider contact area with the ground. I ride sandy stuff a lot. I have the Bridgestone 402A on the back and find it hooks up great. I thought I would like the S 12 up front since it was my tire of choice for my 2 Stroke but I could not keep the front end from sliding out occasionally. I have finally found what I believe to be the best bike, bars, tires combo, etc. I have ever ridden. The 250X with the JD Jet Kit, RCam/Pipe have given me my best year of Cross Country Racing so far. :confused:

Barry H