Sign in to follow this  

Thinking Northern Nevada (help please).

We are leaving washington state because the offroad riding suck hind tit, the hunting and fishing is worth adamn. In my wife and I disscusion tonight about moving I said what about northern Nevada. Maybe around the Reno area or more northern. My questions are. Is there good offroad riding, is there lots of public land, hunting fishing can I plate an atv there, is nevada a strickt state on laws, is it a Republican or Democrat state? If you can answer some of these or all of them I would apreciate it.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I live in Carson Valley,(A bit south of Reno) and its awsome! I have trails one mile from my house!

Yes, theres good offroad riding, and lots of public land. I have no idea if you could plate an ATV though, but probably.

We are leaving washington state because the offroad riding suck hind tit, the hunting and fishing is worth adamn. In my wife and I disscusion tonight about moving I said what about northern Nevada. Maybe around the Reno area or more northern. My questions are. Is there good offroad riding, is there lots of public land, hunting fishing can I plate an atv there, is nevada a strickt state on laws, is it a Republican or Democrat state? If you can answer some of these or all of them I would apreciate it.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I live in Las Vegas so I really can't speak for the North. Las Vegas usually swings Republican in national elections with some exceptions like Harry Reid! There is a strong Democratic base here in Las Vegas because most of the gaming industry is Union.

More and more public lands are being shut down within the Las Vegas Valley area. There is one place left within about 15 minutes of downtown called Nellis Dunes and there is still lot's of open riding outside of the Las Vegas Valley within 45 minutes to an hour.

There is a Nevada State bill soon to be voted on which will adopt a similar OHV registration scheme modeled after Kalifornia. I don't know if they're going to the same extreme as Kalifornia in adopting a "red" and "green sticker" program where 2 strokes will be restricted for certain periods during the year but a OHV program is on the way at some point.

Nevada is a gun friendly state and is "shall issue" for concealed carry. I understand the hunting and fishing up North is good!

My wife and I were also considering the Reno area when we retire. She likes a little more weather than hot and hotter!:applause:

Don't listen to him-Las Vegas is run by :confused: Democrats. How do you think that dipshit Harry Reid keeps getting voted in! Because Clark County (las vegas) is 70% of the state's population. Now that my political rant is over.

I live in Fallon-it's 1 hour east of Reno and Carson City. The last election this county voted 72% Republican. There's a huge gun club here with weekly shooting match's, a duck club, skeet range and if you don't like any of that then just drive about 5 minutes out of town and shoot your weapon. :confused: Lot's of trails to ride atv's, bikes, sandrails, 4x4's etc. There's sand mountain 1/2 hour east of Fallon. If you like tight single track riding like I do, I go to CA and ride the forests-it's only a 2 hour drive. I don't know about plating a quad, but I have seen many sandrails that were plated. I threw a quick dual sport kit on my WR450 and was in and out of DMV in a 1/2 hour. It took that long because the girl behind the counter was having a really bad day :confused: and took some of her frustration out on me. Oh well.

NV is a pretty free state but we are neighbors with California. So a lot of their B.S. filters over here. Reno is starting to become a mini me version of CA. :confused: Hope this helps.

Don't listen to him-Las Vegas is run by :confused: Democrats. How do you think that dipshit Harry Reid keeps getting voted in! Because Clark County (las vegas) is 70% of the state's population. Now that my political rant is over.

I live in Fallon-it's 1 hour east of Reno and Carson City. The last election this county voted 72% Republican. There's a huge gun club here with weekly shooting match's, a duck club, skeet range and if you don't like any of that then just drive about 5 minutes out of town and shoot your weapon. :confused: Lot's of trails to ride atv's, bikes, sandrails, 4x4's etc. There's sand mountain 1/2 hour east of Fallon. If you like tight single track riding like I do, I go to CA and ride the forests-it's only a 2 hour drive. I don't know about plating a quad, but I have seen many sandrails that were plated. I threw a quick dual sport kit on my WR450 and was in and out of DMV in a 1/2 hour. It took that long because the girl behind the counter was having a really bad day :confused: and took some of her frustration out on me. Oh well.

NV is a pretty free state but we are neighbors with California. So a lot of their B.S. filters over here. Reno is starting to become a mini me version of CA. :confused: Hope this helps.

Las Vegas also helped to elect John Ensign, a Republican US Senator who is from Las Vegas. Harry Reid won the last election by about 1% if I remember right. With less than 12% of registered voters voting, he just barely squeaked into office. What part of my post got you upset? I don't like Harry either! So you couldn't get along with the girl behind the counter? :confused:

:confused: Hhaha if you think that california stuff is filtering in there than you should come up to washington it blows ass here. :confused: Ps thanx for the info.

I live in Reno and it is really a great place to live. Well, except for the people. It is getting too crowded by my standards and most have the "all about me attitude". If you are used to a small town feeling, you aren't going to get that in Reno.

There are a ton of things to do within an hour or two. OHV, lakes, ski/snowboarding, snowmobiling, hiking, mountain biking, hunting, etc. Lots of outdoor stuff to do.

I would move out of Reno but I live within 10 minutes of work and miss all the traffic. I would recommend living 30 minutes to an hour drive from Reno.

Washoe and Clark counties vote dem, the rest of the state votes repub. However, over 90% of the population is in those two counties. It is getting harding to ride near town now, pretty much anything within 2 miles of city limits is illegal to ride (and this is new in just the past few years). I'm not sure about Reno, but I'm sure it is similar up there as well.

I would rather be in Reno than here, but would rather be in WA than both (lived in Seattle for a little while). A job brought me here. I had a job offer in Yakima, but it was Yakima so I ended up here.

:crazy:

:applause: Hhaha if you think that california stuff is filtering in there than you should come up to washington it blows ass here. :D Ps thanx for the info.

When I lived in WA over 20 years ago it was a Kenworth truck-Boeing Aircraft engineering-machining-producing and salt-water fishing, Rainer-beer-drinking-recreational-fishing-hunting place.

Then in the 90's some college dropout nerd made some cash in by monopolizing software and flooded the Eastside with latte-drinking, soccer-mom SUV driving, micro brew snob ( prefer any beer that is in my hand at the moment), liberal whiners.:crazy:

Western WA has changed. Now you can barely ride a Mtn. bike on Tiger Mtn- let alone a m/c.

Don't confuse political parties with your right to enjoy activities: They are both appease their donors and ignore the will of those who elect them.

My sister is moving to Gardnerville so I'd be interested in meeting up for a ride at some time in the future. I might go ahead and register my bike in NV because apparently the CA DMV doesn't want my money.:crazy:

When I lived in WA over 20 years ago it was a Kenworth truck-Boeing Aircraft engineering-machining-producing and salt-water fishing, Rainer-beer-drinking-recreational-fishing-hunting place.

Then in the 90's some college dropout nerd made some cash in by monopolizing software and flooded the Eastside with latte-drinking, soccer-mom SUV driving, micro brew snob ( prefer any beer that is in my hand at the moment), liberal whiners.:crazy:

Western WA has changed. Now you can barely ride a Mtn. bike on Tiger Mtn- let alone a m/c.

Don't confuse political parties with your right to enjoy activities: They are both appease their donors and ignore the will of those who elect them.

All those Mac using treehuggers don't even realize that they owe Mr. Gates a big thanks for tripling their property values. :applause:

But, to be fair, they do make some damn good beers up there. :D

The dirt bike registration thing is coming, that's true. The riding in and around Reno is still really good. The complete idiots from the People's Republic of California are trying their best to change this place into what they've escaped from. A lot of the off road dirtbikers here carry legally with ccw's, also. If you can stand the 'fornians it's an outdoor type of place, in spite of the 'outdoor enthusiasts' who think anything but hiking should be illegal (Another Californicated mentality that causes conflict).

My sister is moving to Gardnerville so I'd be interested in meeting up for a ride at some time in the future. I might go ahead and register my bike in NV because apparently the CA DMV doesn't want my money.:worthy:

I don't think Nevada does either or so I have read elsewhere.

I don't think Nevada does either or so I have read elsewhere.

Back in 2007 when this thread was from, they did. They did until about 6 months ago even.