Boon, Mi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this a D/S ( ie: plated bike) run?

I can slap a plate on, (it'll be expired) but no mopney this week to get a valid Reg.

I should be in. get me specifics.

You dont need a plate for the Boon run. Not really anyways. Cmore is unplatted as were many others that have done this. No worries.

Well like I said earlier Im good for Sunday. Sloejoe said Sunday works for him also. Whats everybody else's thoughts on Sunday?

After making this trip 3 times now, I would say we should be fired up and leaving 7 mile parking lot about 9:00. YZman, did you ever find that look out tower?

After making this trip 3 times now, I would say we should be fired up and leaving 7 mile parking lot about 9:00. YZman, did you ever find that look out tower?

I've never done it. I'm gonna need directions.:crazy:

Well he didn't ask total milage now did he :applause: If we tell them total milage and how lost everyone is going to be on the way back and that we usualy have a few bikes brake down and turn back and that we will arive at the truck in the dark....we might scare everyone away.....I have said too much havent I. :D

I need details, so I know what I'm packing. I'm assuming I can get fuel in Boon, yes?

Just a thought. I would figure in some extra seat time to make this trip. Our ride through Mio this weekend was slower than usual do to the trail being coverd by falling leaves. There were sections where the trail was almost non visible, Unseen roots,rocks and trail obstacles kept you on your toes and the pace on the slow side. ( at least this is the excuse I'm useing for being slow).:crazy::D

I've never done it.

I need details, so I know what I'm packing. I'm assuming I can get fuel in Boon, yes?

Its a good ride. Gas is available in Boon if they show up for work. Bow season so you never know. If you don't get lost, and your bike will go 75-80 miles on a tank your safe. If not, well thats what stories are made of.:crazy:

YZman, did you ever find that look out tower?

Nope never found the lookout tower. Althouth there are 2 of them. One b4 you get to Boon And 1 on Briar Hill North of Boon. Ive been to the Briah Hill one and Cmore the other Both are long gone. Just a foundation.

I'm assuming I can get fuel in Boon, yes

Boon has gas and its only like 40-45 miles up there max. Although they may not have premium.

Our ride through Mio this weekend was slower than usual do to the trail being coverd by falling leaves

yea but look who you were riding with.

I'm gonna need directions

well meet at 7 mile staging area between the Little Manistee and Lincoln Hills. Look at your maps and you will find it. Ya just take 37 orth past baldwin. Past peacock and its up there on your right. SHould be a sigh for the staging area.

Well--gosh, I guess I'll have to join up with you guys for this ride--it's almost like an Epic Ride reunion of sorts! 7 mile parking at 9:00 on Sunday the 21st it is! Jimmy wants to ride Red Bud next Sunday but I can't get any work or respect out of him, so I am not taking him on this one--but we'll see how the week goes on. He is not plated anyway, but does have a big tank, but new grips and the '04 YZ250F is for sale, so I know he doesn't want to but the BB's on it.

On a sad note, one of Jimmy's best friends and riding buddies, Joe, broke his femur riding with his Dad yesterday around Lincoln Hills. He had surgery today. Don't know the details yet if it was leaves, head-on, whoops, tree or what--but the last time I rode with them we went where the ride is going the 21st, but didn't get all the way to the store because a couple posers whimped out and we had to turn around. Joe and his Dad Randy know that area better than Don so I don't know what could have gone wrong.

Well--gosh, I guess I'll have to join up with you guys for this ride--it's almost like an Epic Ride reunion of sorts! 7 mile parking at 9:00 on Sunday the 21st it is! Jimmy wants to ride Red Bud next Sunday but I can't get any work or respect out of him, so I am not taking him on this one--but we'll see how the week goes on. He is not plated anyway, but does have a big tank, but new grips and the '04 YZ250F is for sale, so I know he doesn't want to but the BB's on it.

On a sad note, one of Jimmy's best friends and riding buddies, Joe, broke his femur riding with his Dad yesterday around Lincoln Hills. He had surgery today. Don't know the details yet if it was leaves, head-on, whoops, tree or what--but the last time I rode with them we went where the ride is going the 21st, but didn't get all the way to the store because a couple posers whimped out and we had to turn around. Joe and his Dad Randy know that area better than Don so I don't know what could have gone wrong.

I hope to see you there. I'm going fo' sho'.

Too bad about Jimmy's buddy. hope he heals well and soon.

I'll be plated for the ride (sort of). so I aint worried.